centrifugal concentrator purchased - needs to be feed

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have purchased a portable centrifugal concentrator - similar to a knelson - and I could do with some help locating and processing suitable alluvial dirt and tailings. Collects micron sized gold that other techniques often miss and works with black sand.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks

Weights 9 kilos, bit larger than a 20 litre bucket and runs on 240v, so needs a generator on the road.

Were you planning to re run people's concentrates with it?

That would be handy if someone had a big whack of black sand that was too fiddly to pan out properly. You could take it to someone like yourself to extract every last bit.
However, you would need a large amount of worked concentrates to make it worthwhile for both parties

That sounds like a decent option actually, thanks. Its strengths are flour gold in black sand but material needs some classification first. Can process up to 200 kilos an hour.

The creeks at Mitta Mitta would also be ideal as very rich in alluvial materials but the main ones are on the exempt list and the minor ones (which can be prospected) are quite difficult to access.

Carter said:
The creeks at Mitta Mitta would also be ideal as very rich in alluvial materials but the main ones are on the exempt list and the minor ones (which can be prospected) are quite difficult to access.

Unfortunately Carter...."no pain no gain"

Can't expect someone to drop concentrates in your lap for nothing - I tried it but no takers!!!!!

Good luck

Bazz

Thanks Bazz for raising this. I would actually like to partner up and split on even stakes. Ideally the partner could provide 4 wheel drive access to difficult sites, such as the small non-exempted creeks around Mitta Mitta. My side would to be to provide full use of the centrifugal concentrator and my labour. Hope that's clearer mate?

If you are close by in that same region is reedy creek eldorado area. That has crazy black sands, it's also easy 2wd access in lots of spots. You could test it out there mate.
I would recommend a trommel for a primary recovery device and your centrifugal to clean it up nicely.
I really don't know how much advantage it will give you though.
I reckon you'll need to process a lot of material to see the benefit.

In theory the advantage will depend on how much gold there is sized between 3 micron and 70 microron, with 3 being the size of bacteria and 70 the smallest grain of sand. But as you say the efficiency of feeding the concentrator is not just a number on a sales brochure. While 200 kilos an hour sounds great it's not easy to produce a sufficient amount of suitable material. That's why I was thinking to partner up with one or more folks to try and get some combined benefit through sharing tech, labour, equipment, experience and transport. That's why I'm reaching out mate.

Carter said:
Thanks Bazz for raising this. I would actually like to partner up and split on even stakes. Ideally the partner could provide 4 wheel drive access to difficult sites, such as the small non-exempted creeks around Mitta Mitta. My side would to be to provide full use of the centrifugal concentrator and my labour. Hope that's clearer mate?

No! not clearer at all, mate

I was OK with everything you said right up to that post!!!! :eek:

NOW!!!! My BS alarm is screaming :N:

No photos
Lets see, 8 posts
Joined yesterday
My / our research and testing
My / our favourite holes
My / our four wheel drive

All for something that I can do the some job with my pan and little clean up sluice..

And I give up 50% :mad:

Sorry!!!! I dont mean to offend, but the last guy was a Russian (I think) with deadly accurate gold maps, and he didnt get past 15 or so posts.

Just Saying ;)

If you are legit, put on some details so we can all be informed or even a field day and then Ill be the first to retract what Ive said and apologize, right here on the forum for all to see. :8

Till then, cheers :)

Bazz

Latest posts