Modern Miner Eastern Subs Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day fellow gold bugs and bush lovers alike.

I'm new to the forum here, but have many years of feild experience I have gained by getting out and amonst it all and being involved with and sharing information with others who have similar interests.
Nothing like trial and error though to learn the ropes!!
I'm a very keen prospector, Hunter, fisherman and 4x4er. Fair to say i love everything this great country of ours has to offer recreationally. I do my bit to help conserve it for future generations, but I injoy it to boot?.

I'm Builder in Eastern Subs of Victoria, and grew up in North Ringwood/ Park Orchards, Warrandyte area as my stomping ground.
I'm now 38 and my sense of adventure has not waned at all.

I have a keen interest in Chemistry too, so if anyone needs some advice or knowledge about gold extraction, or any other precious metals for that matter, give me a hollar. Only to happy to help. I've been extracting and processing for severral years, always safely and envirnmentally consciously.

Thats me in a nut shell!
Thank you all to those that have contributed to this forum in the past, and I certainly look forward to adding to it for the benifit of all.

If you need to get out or anyone that lives near me would like to go prospecting
Send me a message.

Kind regards,

Modern Miner
(Ben).

Thanks SC75 and Big wave....

Doing some ore crushing this weekend from a new spot....hopefully come up with the goods.

Beautiful limonite and magnitite full or rusty quartz?.

Getting some good signals out of my ATX too.
Will update soon, but looking like a new claim!!

I hope everyone is getting out and enjoying this sunshine and lower creeks levels this weekend.

Cheers
Ben.

Welcome to PA Ben sounds like your having fun :Y: all the best hope to meet you one day.

Hi RM Outback,
I get around buddy, so chances are we will meet someday. ;) If you're down in Vic we can arrange a hook up. Got some great spots and will enjoy the company.

Cheers
Ben.

Welcome to PA .
Looks like your just down the hill from me. Mt.evelyn
That area was my backyard too.
Still get out that way every so often for a scratch when I only have a few hours to spare and the bug is biting.
When time is spare and the kids don't take up my weekend., I try and head out to east Gippsland.
Cheers Kane

Hi Kane, that is close mate. I have a teenagers buddy so i can understand the time constraints you have. ;).
If you ever get a weekend free, give me a hollar and and we can hit some local spots.
Cheers
Ben.

Modern Miner said:
Hi RM Outback,
I get around buddy, so chances are we will meet someday. ;) If you're down in Vic we can arrange a hook up. Got some great spots and will enjoy the company.

Cheers
Ben.

Hi MM I'm in Vic, closest gold fields are Heathcote /Graytown /Rushworth if your ever around these areas give a shout and will try to meet up :Y:.

For sure bud.
My oldest is 16 and the youngest is 8 months with a few in between 13,9 and 4
Hopefully after this weekend with a bit of rain we might get a good flow in some of these creeks.
Will give you a holla soon bud.

Welcome Ben
It sounds as if you are a real outdoors man !!! Your experience will be welcomed and your honesty and up front style is great.

GT :)

BigWave said:
That's quite a few young detectorists there Kane! I just filled up the back seat and that was enough for me. Did you buy a bongo van?
Nah bud. Wife has a 7 seat 4x4.
The 2 older ones are from my previous marriage. So time is limited with them

The 9 yr old isn't interested, but the 4 yr old girl come out with me a bit. Tho every bit of quartz has gold in it.
Must have something to do with the abundance of quartz I have at home from different mines to crush up.

RM Outback said:
Modern Miner said:
Hi RM Outback,

Cheers
Ben.

Hi MM I'm in Vic, closest gold fields are Heathcote /Graytown /Rushworth if your ever around these areas give a shout and will try to meet up :Y:.

Bloody oath mate:^D i have rellies in Echuca and Moama so i go through there heaps....always wondered too.;^)
I will contact you on the next run up to see where you're at.

Cheers
Ben.

goldtruck59 said:
Welcome Ben
It sounds as if you are a real outdoors man !!! Your experience will be welcomed and your honesty and up front style is great.

GT :)

Hi Goldtruck,
Thanks mate. I try every spare moment to get out and about...family first though.....work second and fun last....until they fly the coupe that is;^)
Here for a good time.....not a long time.

Hopefully we can catch up some time soon and have go....I'll do anything as long as its involves good company, water, the bush and gold. .:^).
Chat soon champ.

Ben.

Hey Ben good to hear from you, I,m going to the GT mid June for a few days will be glamping it haha...Welcome to tag along if you like :Y:

Hi Ben it's great to see you're still enthusiastic about our fantastic back yard. So many sites and adventures to be had...Hope you have many an opportunity to enjoy your prospecting...I live in Sth East Gippsland so I travel to the G.T area as that's my stomping ground as a younger fella. I'm sure you'll have your own places of preference as you find bits and pieces.
All the best....Oliver

XIV said:
For sure bud.
My oldest is 16 and the youngest is 8 months with a few in between 13,9 and 4
Hopefully after this weekend with a bit of rain we might get a good flow in some of these creeks.
Will give you a holla soon bud.

Hi Kane, Struth! You have got your hands full;^)
No worries at all...I have 3, my eldest is 16, Zac, jezza is 13 and my daughter, Zoe is 11. All love getting out and about. Thankfully, probably more to do with roasted marsh mellows and damper, but hey, what ever works to get their faces out of screens?.

Sounds good. Send me a message when you're free.
Cheers
Ben.

Latest posts