Sdc strikes gold at last

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That private property looks like a great opportunity. Be sure to look after it because those offers don't come up too often and there's sure to be more where that came from. At 250mm down you'll just have to get that 4500 sorted out because it will perform much better than the SDC at that depth.

Was a great weekend. Would have loved to stay another night. My 6 pieces only weighed 0.5g

This spot has been pretty good to us. Pulled close to 70 pieces from this area. All small stuff but it's yellow.

The potential for a good find is there, just gotta find it.

Can't wait to get up there soon.

samrota said:
Was a great weekend. Would have loved to stay another night. My 6 pieces only weighed 0.5g

This spot has been pretty good to us. Pulled close to 70 pieces from this area. All small stuff but it's yellow.

The potential for a good find is there, just gotta find it.

Can't wait to get up there soon.

Mate my Wife said to me the next day that she thought we would stay till Monday...now she tells me. But I had too much to do when I got home.
Gotta love the outback :Y:

Wishfull said:
Another detecting trip coming up soon. Going to find that retirement nugget ...I wish .
Thats very wishfull of you mate :lol:
Every time i go out for a swing the day starts like that!!
I will be at Crawford Monday week again so hope there is 2 retirement nuggets out there for us both :Y:

Wishfull said:
We shall see. My mate will be using my sdc and I will be using my 4500. Hopefully I can get it run quieter than last time out.

What coil are you using on the 45 Wishfull ? And good luck on the hunt :Y:

How cold was it? We went to Maryborough Victoria in June and it was 0 and -1. We camped for 10 days straight with my wife and we had no form of heating and I was in a canvas tent.. I am 72. We had a fire going during the day and barbecued some Bratwurst sausages.That was our only highlight of the day as we found no gold.We went again in July for 4 days but have decided we have had enough and our prospecting plans shelved until middle of August,Had some dirt thrown at me on this forum about it which surprised me greatly.

Mate at 72 and doing that for 10 days i take my hat off to you and your better half
I went over night for one night at about -6 never again and i am 58
I will be waiting for summer before i do anything like that again
Dont worry about anyone throwing dirt at you mate
Just collect it and pan it off you may find something :lol: :lol:

Wishfull said:
Just running the 11 inch mono. I haven't even put the DD on the machine yet. I'd like an evo but I recon I've done pretty well so far this year so I won't push my luck with Mrs Wishfull.

lol, I know what you mean. I'm doing my choirs during the week now so I can get out swinging on the weekend without getting into trouble with Mrs Flower :p

OldtimerRob that's a great effort for 10 days mate.At least you had a good cook-up.Hopefully you and your wife have more luck next time :Y:

Latest posts