Which one? XP Deus, Gold Bug 2 or Goldmonster

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
been out with my brother today detecting around beaufort he has a xp deus at 60khz only found abit of rubbish.it handled the ground well would the gold bug2 and the gold monster be the same?

I reckon that in comparison to a 60kHz Deus, the Gold Bug-2 would be noisier, because its higher frequency and concentric coil make ground mineralisation harder to handle, while the Gold Monster 1000 would be much quieter and simpler, because it operates without any threshold and automagically balances the ground mineralisation while adjusting sensitivity as it goes along.

Which of the three would be more successful, is an interesting but open question. :)

im leaning towards the gold monster but need more field tests in au first.but i were very impressed with the xp deus tho

Just wait for the release of the 81kHz elliptical coil on the Deus, theoretically it should rival if not eclipse the GB2 on the smaller gold.

Latest posts