need advice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi im clint from beaufort vic.im keen on getting into gold detecting in the beaufort area.havnt brought a detector yet but looking at the gold bug2.any one used one here?hope i can get some help.cheers

Hi Clint,

Welcome to the forum.

The search function on here is really good. Punch in Gold Bug 2 and you will come up with all sorts of posts. Detectorprospector.com is also pretty good - search function there is good and Steve (forum owner) uses and has written HEAPS about the gold bug 2 over the years.

I've never used a GB2 but am led to believe that they can be a bit finicky in hot ground and better for an experienced operator.

The SDC 2300 is great in hot ground, very sensitive and very easy to operate. Or maybe wait and see a few more Gold Monster reviews to see if they are going to handle the hot ground in Australia well enough to be user friendly.

Good luck :Y:

ok thanks for your reply.there is a gold bug for sale on gumtree in ballarat.there is that many brands of detectors on the market its hard to pick which one will do the job

Hi folks I'm possum from wa and would like some advice on whether to buy a sd2100 are they stills capable detector and what is the best coil to use with them in wa soils grateful for any advice

Hi Possum,
How about you go and give us an introduction first. :) :)
Then start a thread in The Metal detectors area. :D

Latest posts