Getting back in the game, SPP, GP or ????

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 5286

Elijah
Reaction score
Hey all, decided to take up the hobby again after about 2 1/2 years off... having sold my 4000 a couple years back i'm after something within a budget of around $2500 that will get the job done..

What are your thoughts on the whites units? namely SPP and TDI-SL... (for gold nothing else) .. or should i be going after a used SD-GP?

Any thoughts/experienced opinions on the white's units comparisons etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Elijah..

davent said:
QED and few extra bits?

Yeah, I've been reading your posts on the subject... very tempting little machine that...

How's it go on those tiny 0.1 bits?

sees them with a 8" commander no worries, havnt done much testing on good ground yet, but will shortly.
Going by others who use the QED, they kill it with the little ones, rivals the SDC apparently.

I can vouch for the SPP.
Father in law uses it and has become very successful with it.
Just gotta lern to go very slow and low and get a smaller coil for it.
sbhAPDU.jpg

?.....for that sort of $$$, why not just get back to the 4K again?...still relevant, still finds color, and you already know how to drive it. No lost time required learning a new unit?

jmo...0.02

GypsyGoldAu said:
?.....for that sort of $$$, why not just get back to the 4K again?...still relevant, still finds color, and you already know how to drive it. No lost time required learning a new unit?

jmo...0.02

That was exactly the plan, however I haven't been able to locate anything GP or above at a reasonable price. Looked at a GP Extreme this morning but the young lady selling it was asking $3300..

Anyway I'll keep an eye out... not in a huge hurry..

You might be better off with the TDI SL and one of miner johns folded mono coils they seem to be the hottest coils for Whites machines, But If you can spring for a GP then that might be the better way to go, The SL is a nice machine and does not suffer from EMI etc because you can tune it out, Check em out and see what you think, But if you are real serious then A GP / GPX is the way to go although it might cost you a lot more,

hope this helps.

John.

Elijah said:
GypsyGoldAu said:

jmo...0.02

That was exactly the plan, however I haven't been able to locate anything GP or above at a reasonable price. Looked at a GP Extreme this morning but the young lady selling it was asking $3300..

You can get a GPX 4000 for under $2500

Nuggetbuster said:
Elijah said:
GypsyGoldAu said:

jmo...0.02

You can get a GPX 4000 for under $2500

Yeah, I'm sure i could, just a matter of finding one. Ebay is sorely lacking lately, and i wouldn't trust gumtree as far as i could throw the servers the turd is hosted on...

something will turn up :)

GypsyGoldAu said:
Try a ringaround/email blast of the ML dealers....(think Trades/Warranty)...

Post a wanted in the PA classifieds?....

Will do, I'll give Coiltek gold centre and miners den, and maybe GSA a ring on Tuesday... if they're lacking, i'll post a wanted..

thanks again all..

Gp extreme/3000 usually go for $1300-$1600.
3500 & 4000 $1800-$2400
4500 $2300 - $3200 depending on condition and inclusions.

I'd definitely recommend the 4500.

Latest posts