So - what happened to Minelab Gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Minelab Gold was very prolific here not too long back, but has dropped off the postings.
Anyone know where he's at as it looked liked he was on a run?

Nobody knows, or if they do they're not telling! :rolleyes:

It was good while it lasted though, he was consistently entertaining and informative. I think a lot of people got very real value out of the main thread he started here and the linked YouTube videos, and plenty of people probably still do. He had a very good six month run, but maybe he just burnt himself out in the end?

Gravity said:
Said it before , Minelab Gold = AKA Lomar :eek:

Nah, mate - they're not the same bloke. If you go back to his introductory post, 'Loamer' was David, a retiree from Melbourne. Minelab Gold is/was Tim from wherever in the central Victorian goldfields.

Gravity said:
Said it before , Minelab Gold = AKA Lomar :eek:

Never met MG but on his vids sounds reasonably youngish ! Loamer was a great member who helped a lot of members with similar knowledge but I believe has half a dozen grandchildren so no sure the age fits , anyway a loss both ways to the forum as they know their stuff !

Will say this, Minelab Gold is a great guy and has helped us in so many ways with all his knowlage and feedback to our posts...Went out with him and his brother sometime last year with a group of us and had a fantastic day. Don't know why he hasen't been back but sure there's a reason.

If your reading this MG the Lomar thing was my way of saying how much I respect both of you because of the incredable insight you have both given us.

Wherever you are take care cheers mate :Y:

Gravity

No idea, :(
I tried sending him messages and emails but got no reply at all. :N: :/

I had joined his patreon site and had the same experience........ started out excellent for 2 months then "poof" gone!!! :eek: :N:
He has not been online for 3 months now, with no "heads up" to why or if he will be back. :N: :N:

Honestly if MG doesn't want to post here anymore that's his choice :Y:
But to take patreon members money, promising to provide a service and then just go "ghost" on us is not cool!!! :mad: :N: :N:

Luckily for me :D I only paid for the time he was on :Y:
But..... others had waited for him and continued to get money taken out ( monthly payments)

Worst of all, his Patreon site is still active ready to take more members and there money!!!!! :N: :N: :N: :N: :N:

Remember Minelab Gold? Just wondering if anyone had an update on what's going on. Seems like he's fallen off the face of the planet!
Is he ok, do we know if he is hunting the yella elsewhere?
would be good to know.

Last year I along with a few of our other members did a day with tim(mg) and his brother dan, two top and very knowledgeable blokes and we all learnt a lot
not long after he asked for a few dollars to cover his costs on what he had been providing for free, immediately some of our members jumped on him and criticised what he was doing he has not been back since. I dont know if this is why, but if it is I do not blame him much to all our loss
Jim

reynard said:
Last year I along with a few of our other members did a day with tim(mg) and his brother dan, two top and very knowledgeable blokes and we all learnt a lot
not long after he asked for a few dollars to cover his costs on what he had been providing for free, immediately some of our members jumped on him and criticised what he was doing he has not been back since. I dont know if this is why, but if it is I do not blame him much to all our loss
Jim

And why wouldn't members get upset? There are members here who are way more knowledgable and have been prospecting a lot longer who offer their info for free for the good of the forum and to help newcomers to the hobby.

If he wanted to charge for detecting/prospecting lessons then there was absolutely no problem, he could have become a site sponsor and advertised here. When he put up a link to his paid site page it was not going to be allowed to be advertised here and for good reason. It seems that was the right move to remove the add as quite a few people gave him money and got no joy from the other site and started trying to blame Prospecting Australia for the issue. This was the exact reason we did not want anything to do with it.

Also the name minelab gold was almost alluding to being affiliated with the company minelab.

Don't blame the members here or the mod team, that would be extremely unfair and just plain wrong to do so.

Latest posts