A surprise gift.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I got home today to find this package addressed to me.

Last year I bought a Gold Rat highbanker from Dustin and paid for express delivery only to have it delivered two weeks late.
So, for all the trouble, Dustin sends me this gift for the trouble, to mend the scars, as he tells me.
It wasn't his fault but the transport companies blunders of errors.
It's a 6" inch mini sluice.

Thanks for the terrific gift mate. :Y: :)

PS Just like to add that Dustin is a prospector first and because of that, he enjoys making his products and giving advice, as I can attest to that. :Y:
1497000137__20170609_174018.jpg

1497000137__20170609_173924.jpg

1497069079__20170610_142835.jpg
ballarat_gold said:
Thats a sweet looking little unit. The colored mats look good as.!

Yeah it's little alright and cute.
That dream mat is different from the standard dream matting as the shapes are locked in together which as you can see has more traps for gold :Y:

I can confirm mate that an 1100 gph bilge pump will be sufficient. Awesome thing about that is they are rated at around 3amp draw

G0lddigg@ said:
I can confirm mate that an 1100 gph bilge pump will be sufficient. Awesome thing about that is they are rated at around 3amp draw

That's great mate.
I'll get to it then.
Thanks again :Y:

I too have been a beneficary of G0ldiggs generousity....

Last November (2016) I was consulting with Dustin whilst experimenting trying to find a way to successfully cut a Dream Mat and out of the blue Justin contributed some scap dream mat for me to continue working on with. The failure rate was high with 4 out of 5 cuts relegating the work piece to the scrap bin. One probably too small to be useful 'okay' piece remains (8 cells long x 1 cell wide) and now is the beginnings of an "experimental" mini power sluice . Have done nothing further with it this year cos i've got a mind blank re coming up with a way to connect and control the water delivery at the head of the sluice.....

anyways it's "hats off to Dustin"

casper

1497157029_screen_shot_2017-06-11_at_2.56.27_pm.jpg

diggin4gold said:
G0lddigg@ said:

That's great mate.
I'll get to it then.
Thanks again :Y:

What type of bilge pump do you recommend?
Some draw more amps than others?

Im a big fan of the rule as a mid priced unit theres some knock offs that look similar but ive not tested them. Im using the rule as it draws 3 amps and is quite well made

G0lddigg@ said:
Im a big fan of the rule as a mid priced unit theres some knock offs that look similar but ive not tested them. Im using the rule as it draws 3 amps and is quite well made

synthetic bedrock boil holes..pretty awesome engineering mate ey :Y:

Yeah i do haha thats how we manufacture these products. First process is cnc routed moulding beds for urethane casting. They need to be soft so they clean out easily and pull from the moulds with complex detail.

Alot of time and loss in prototyping goea into the final product but the end result is always worth the pain.

I do a little prototyping on my 3d printer to test but once a rock get jammed into plastic that peice is done.

YEP, a lot of energy goes into research and development of a product, the equation is , time vs idea development divide that by $$$$$,multiply that by success over failure , the cost and maintenance of equipment all goes into product pricing . you tubing all the wizzbang items out there for sale is required before one spends our hard earned dollars, the Gold Rat looks to be in the top end of the market and I will be looking at the dream mat for my 2 sluices because I am impressed by the performance, particularly with fine gold , and the price son ... tellem the price ..... cheaper than the rolls of plastic for the 3D printer which is not flexible like polyurethane, LOL

Were certainly making them in the most economic way we can afford to. One day well work out how to make it cheaper and the price will reflect that. I dont mind telling you theres been many ideas that didnt make the cut only thoroughly tested profiles make the cut.

The next few years is going to be very interesting for mineral recovery as we try to solve more problems.

G0lddigg@ said:
Were certainly making them in the most economic way we can afford to. One day well work out how to make it cheaper and the price will reflect that. I dont mind telling you theres been many ideas that didnt make the cut only thoroughly tested profiles make the cut.

The next few years is going to be very interesting for mineral recovery as we try to solve more problems.

Thanks mate for all your hard work and integrity for this wonderful hobby of ours.

Latest posts