mini bunnings sluice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20x

scott
Reaction score
Found this long plastic shelf hidden in the same isle, would be less than 150mm wide.
Tried jumbo dust pan and no good, there is a wall mounted half plant pot that would work
but the hand leaf rake would be best.
Stanley knife and silicon and you would have a river sluice for $25 (rakes on spesh atm).
1496732311_wp_20170606_15_37_54_pro.jpg

1496732342_wp_20170606_15_38_57_pro.jpg

Hope this helps :cool:

Main problem with plastic is gluing. Pvcu being an exception. Love seeing peoples ideas here :Y:

Thanks goldfreak for your input. There is no glue anywhere on my sluice box. I flattened out pvc pipe like you suggest. That is then bolted onto my channel with overlap. Everything else is held in place by force. My main concern is the riffles. Are they to close? They are T shaped is that an issue?

You might find they get a bit clogged up unless you have a really good flow but then you risk loosing some of the lighter bits. It will still trap some though imo.

So i should space them further apart? Im very new and first time i have built a sluice

I don't really know because have never tried exactly how you did it. If you are near a creek have a go. Observe how the water flow interacts with the silt behind the riffles and where the heavies end up.

Latest posts