small ball Mill required

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi good people I require a small Ball Mill to or similar item to pulverizes medium to small sand to extract the gold out of quartz I crush
any help would be great

watch

the panner

That's awful but I like it........................

Seriously Google a GRB777(WA made), not a ball mill, sort of a rotary jaw, compact, easy and 240v. No............. I`m not the Manu just a happy user.

Norvic said:
That's awful but I like it........................

Seriously Google a GRB777(WA made), not a ball mill, sort of a rotary jaw, compact, easy and 240v. No............. I`m not the Manu just a happy user.

The ball mill is for after the crusher.

Crikey, have I been been doing it wrong for all these years???

nah you haven't.
Crusher works brilliantly but if you crush and then throw into a ball mill with half a kg of mercury you get the rest that crushing alone misses

The GRB777 takes it down pretty fine, even finer if you opt for that option on purchase, a day of the fine concentrates (after panning off the more coarse) in the tumbler with mercury does it pretty good, of course I am not talking of a commercial operation of which I have no experience.

Got the same crusher, fine gold still locked in the sands.
Ball mill just pulverises to powder so no need to pan off the more coarse as there is none

Back to the threads original query the small ball mill you use is ?

We had one Kim from NSW Gold tours designed and they built themselves. Unfortunately it was stolen so we are in the process of trying to source a ready made small one or build another ourselves.

Invaluable piece of gear when processing ore.

thanks fellow's I have contacted the boys from WA ARMSTONG INDUSTRIES waiting there reply , there got what I need getting nice rock with color so do not want to waist the sand , hopefully the ball mill will do the job , the rock crusher looks fine well priced , but I have a chain mill and a 2 Header stamper so the GPZ777 would be a waist of money
got about 100kgs gold bearing sand to process there will be a few grams locked up in there.

the panner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.