I Can't Believe It - My Sweetest Find To Date!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sandta said:
WOW
That is a fantastic thing to find :)
Thats the second one on the forum ( that ive seen)
If i remember correctly , someone found the same (or very similar) on the beach

So did you scrap or ?

Note - sadly I haven't heard back from the US overnight,but hoping by the end of the weekend I will.

Update -

I have exhausted all avenues in Australia finding more information about the "jump wings" with Angus and Coote changing hands 10 years ago with the records not being passed on to the new owners :(

But saying that there is a good amount of information on the internet which is very informative.

Note - the proxy from here for the RSL has reneged :N: on their offer,peoples word is sadly not what it used to be :N:

Thanks for the post but I am not really sure what you are trying to say,I think you got a little confused :/

I made the incorrect assumption that mine were made for an Australian WW2 parachute Battalion and I was wrong.

What I have found is NOT "commonwealth wings" but "jumps wings"

The "jumps wings" are American made in Sydney by Angus and Coote (not the UK) for Americans.

Thanks again for the post :/

Done :Y:

1496878247_img_0620.jpg

Rounded down to 30c :p

cashgoldsilver said:
Thanks for the post but I am not really sure what you are trying to say,I think you got a little confused :/

I made the incorrect assumption that mine were made for an Australian WW2 parachute Battalion and I was wrong.

What I have found is NOT "commonwealth wings" but "jumps wings"

The "jumps wings" are American made in Sydney by Angus and Coote (not the UK) for Americans.

Thanks again for the post :/

I think you miss interpreted the info - worded a bit differently, it states that any sterling silver jump wings made by commonwealth countries for US parachutists, are post war items or made for special order. Pretty much what Nucopia mentioned. :)

Update -

I have finally heard back from Mr Wouter Has the owner Paratrooper.Be in the US with some new information about my "jumps wings" :)

The information was not what I had hoping for but still had some useful details.

Wouter told me if he finds out anymore information about my "jumps wings" he will forward it on to me :Y:

I will have another update hopefully by weeks end.

I love this forum {)

Final Update -

The "proxy" from here "for the RSL" made the commitment to buy my jumps wings - A SECOND TIME - still paying the same price being $200.00 including postage - BUT HE DID NOT ONCE AGAIN :mad:

I found this person to be a complete liar and totally dishonest making commitments with - ZERO - thought to honour his own word treating me as a fool which I don't appreciate :N:

Please remember that this person - CONTACTED ME - offering to buy the jumps badge for $200.00 - I DID NOT CONTACT HIM :|

I would love to name this person here but the mods would probably pull my post which I sort of understand :(

Anyway I hope this person never gives your his word about anything because they completely lack the ability to simple honour theirs,plus I also hope they he leaves here and never comes back :Y:

It is not the end of the world and life goes on and I have listed the jumps wings on ebay.

I love this forum {)

P.S. sorry for the negative vibe :(

Latest posts