You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
Phase Technical
02 June 2017 12:01 pm

Just noticed there's been no talk on the TDI's for a long time.
Are any members here still using a TDI Pro, SL, Oz Series or SPP?

Agent for Minelab, Nugget Finder, Nokta & Makro, Quest, Detech, SteelPhase - Phase Technical Website

nesral
02 June 2017 01:52 pm

I'm using both TDI Pro and an SPP with the "Super Pulse" board, just attached a newly obtained s/h Minelab 8" Super Goldsearch coil ....... all is well! thumbsup

1 user likes this post: PhaseTech

davent
02 June 2017 02:12 pm

What's the super pulse board?
I had an oz pro, and really liked it, but sold it to fund my gpx 4500, wish I could have kept it.

grubstake
02 June 2017 02:51 pm

davent wrote:

Before its relaunch via Jimmy Sierra's western-US marketing network as the Sierra Pulse Pro, the SPP had a previous life as the rather unsuccessful African market-aimed GMT Super Pulse:
1496375116_gmt_superpulse.jpg

I understand that the Jimmy Sierra renaming was just a sticker job on existing stock, so I'd imagine that all SPPs have 'Super Pulse' branded circuit boards inside the box.

Where it is, there it is.

2 users like this post: Ridge Runner, Finkle

nesral
02 June 2017 03:31 pm

GMT Super Pulse had some minor board changes to make it an SPP and work under our so called "Australian Conditions"
Apparently it caused "HickUps" when used in some places..... details on another thread of this forum.
Had an offer from Goldsearch Australie to have the board replaced free of charge.... I took the offer.
New board was branded GMT Super Pulse and had a small "sensitivity mod" removed before it was returned.
This "mod" was re-installed + a few other minor ones that make the SPP a pleasure/joy to use.
Also fitted a 3/4 cell 3.7v Li-Ion 18650 battery, gives it more oomph than an unmodded TDI Pro.

1 user likes this post: davent

Jim.
02 June 2017 06:05 pm

Hi all, I use a SPP as well it's had the board upgrades and I run a Coiltek Mono Joey coil, as nersal says they're a pleasure to use.
Ji

lewy
02 June 2017 06:54 pm

still use my modded tdi pro however thinking of selling just not using it enough as i have a makro gold racer as well,dont get out enough to use the tdi to its full potential,nesral is that a full battery pack what volts are you running.

nesral
02 June 2017 08:41 pm

My SPP battery holder take 4x 3.6v 18560 Li-Ion cells, but mostly I only use 3 cell + a dummy.

Goldpick
03 June 2017 02:47 am

Maybe not using, but still own an SPP with conductivity switch mod and compliment of Miner John coils. Simply haven't had the chance to get over to the goldfields so far year unfortunately.

Prospecting gear: Used - Whites GM3, GM2, GMT, ML XT17000, ML X-Terra 305, Garrett Gold Stinger, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta RS pinpointer, Minelab Explorer SE Pro/Etrac, Ace 250
Current - XP Deus, Equinox 600, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics G2, Whites SPP, Garrett Infinium, XP MI-6, Whites Bullseye TRX, Deteknix X-pointer, Garrett AT Pointer

KarlS
10 June 2017 08:00 pm

I'm still using SPP fitted with conductivity switch, mostly to detect goldies from parks areas full of bottle tops and other iron junk. But haven't been out to detect for gold for while.
Karl

White's SPP, XTERRA 705, old Tandy detector

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
Phase Technical
12 June 2017 08:53 pm

Thanks for all the replies guys, seems quite a few are still kicking around.

grubstake wrote:
davent wrote:

Before its relaunch via Jimmy Sierra's western-US marketing network as the Sierra Pulse Pro, the SPP had a previous life as the rather unsuccessful African market-aimed GMT Super Pulse:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … rpulse.jpg

I understand that the Jimmy Sierra renaming was just a sticker job on existing stock, so I'd imagine that all SPPs have 'Super Pulse' branded circuit boards inside the box.

Yeah I think they wanted to cash in on the "GMT" name, as that is what was known in the market at the time.

Agent for Minelab, Nugget Finder, Nokta & Makro, Quest, Detech, SteelPhase - Phase Technical Website

1 user likes this post: grubstake

Goldini
18 July 2017 10:18 pm

So which Whites model is the bee's knees? the SPP for Australian conditions?
With the 4 x 18650 batteries. Thanks

Last edited by Goldini (18 July 2017 10:29 pm)

How are you meant to fly like an eagle when your surrounded by turkeys...

Ridge Runner
18 July 2017 10:30 pm

Goldini wrote:

So which Whites model is the bee's knees? the SPP?

Out of their current models the TDI SL is the way to go, But if you can find a TDI Pro Oz series that might be the better way to go,

hope that helps,

John.

AKA, Fridge Runner.... Ted Bullpit for PM

1 user likes this post: Goldini

Goldini
19 July 2017 01:38 am

Thanks Ridge Runner i have found a TDI Pro Oz for $1500 2ndhand or a new TDI SL for $1950
Can i run these with the 18650 batteries?
Love the power of these batteries... Epic

Last edited by Goldini (19 July 2017 01:40 am)

Ridge Runner
19 July 2017 07:45 am

Goldini wrote:

Thanks Ridge Runner i have found a TDI Pro Oz for $1500 2ndhand or a new TDI SL for $1950

There is a 18650 pack on the market that fit the TDI SL which boost the power and the run time of the TDI SL but they don't fit in to the standard battery pack,

The TDI Pro does not need or use them because it already has an Awesome battery pack so no worries there, So If you can buy the TDI Pro Oz series, and there are some great mods that can be done on both machines that can really boost their performance,

Hope that helps,

John.

Magilla
19 July 2017 09:19 am

Goldini wrote:

I have the TDI Pro Oz and the standard battery packed it in after a couple of years. The cells are probably still OK as they usually last about 7 years but there is a small circuit board in the battery that controls the discharge limits so that the battery can not over discharge thus creating a fire risk when recharging, I think this may be what is faulty. Unfortunately I couldn't find anyone that could fix it and the replacement battery from Whites is priced ridiculously so I bought some cheap battery holders from Ebay that hold 4 18650 batteries and some cheap (good quality) batteries from Banggood and it works a treat. Two packs last much longer than the standard battery pack at a fraction of the price, you just need to be careful not to over discharge the batteries and you need a quality charger to re-charge them.

1 user likes this post: Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner
19 July 2017 12:56 pm

I got Thunderstorms over here right now And I can tune out 99% of the EMI with the TDI SL, Sometimes when I see the flash of lightning I get the odd warble but on the whole the TDI SL does not suffer from storms as a rule but all my other PI machines did and do,

I the City I can Max the gain right out and have no problems what s ever, The TDI SL is a great backup if you own other PI's that won't run smooth when a storm is within a few hundred Ks of you,

Every time I think of selling it I think about what it can do, and I think what use is a High powered PI if you can't run it due to the weather and even a PI with certain amount of depth is better than packing up and going home, So that is what makes it a great backup if you own a more expensive model.

John.

Goldini
19 July 2017 06:56 pm

Thanks a bunch guys you have been very helpful. I think a TDI SL is the way i will go. With a better coils for the TDI and my Goldbug2 i should be set. Do you know where i could purchase this 18650 battery pack ridge runner?

Last edited by Goldini (19 July 2017 06:58 pm)

Ridge Runner
19 July 2017 07:03 pm

Goldini wrote:

Thanks a bunch guys you have been very helpful. I think a TDI SL is the way i will go. With a better coils for the TDI and my Goldbug2 i should be set.

Well it should serve you well, with on coming storms and EMI all other machines won't run as well as the TDI SL, Good luck and checkout the Coils that Coiltek make for the Whites TDI Series, from what we have seen they really step up compared to the factory coils.

John.

1 user likes this post: Goldini

Prooz
19 July 2017 08:26 pm

Not using my TDI pro. found my first bit of gold with it, have got the razor back coils and minor john coils. But have upgraded to the Z.

Minelab Explorer SE. Minelab GPZ 7000 Equinox 800

1 user likes this post: Ridge Runner

Goldini
21 July 2017 11:38 am

Anyone wanting to sell their TDI SL or TDI Pro Oz?

grubstake
21 July 2017 12:13 pm

Goldini wrote:

Phone message left. smile

Where it is, there it is.

Ridge Runner
21 July 2017 12:42 pm

grubstake wrote:
Goldini wrote:

Phone message left. smile

You never Phone me yikes sad cry cry

Goldini
22 July 2017 11:33 am

Thanks Grubstake. Just getting a few coffee's into me and i'll give you a buzz. thumbsup
Its ok ridge runner. I will give you a call too if you feel left out champ brokenheart

2 users like this post: grubstake, Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner
22 July 2017 02:05 pm

Group Hug, thumbsup lol lol lol lol

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site