GPZ vs 5000 & Evo coils on a deep target

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhaseTech

Phase Technical
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
This was an unplanned video while detecting in the golden triangle. I got a faint signal using the GPZ14, played around with some settings to compare the response, then decided to grab the Z19 and as soon as a willing camera holder came along we started filming. I then checked the response on a few Evo coils.

Nothing really ground breaking here, bigger coils and Normal timings always go deeper on larger targets, but interesting to see how the different detector/coil combos perform.

Signal clarity on the Z19 was slighly more defined, but the 19 Evo was very close. What was obvious was how much better Normal timing/ground type is on both machines, even turning down the Rx Gain/Sensitivity very very low.

Spoiler alert - unfortunately it wasn't gold :-(

Excellent comparison Nenad,

I just wish it was gold for you, but still gives a good idea of the different responses with the various set ups and timings ect.
I know you have to stop somewhere but with all the new 4500's would be interesting to see how they fare on another target if you make another comparison vid.
And fingers crossed its gold ! :Y:

Thanks mate,

Take note of what the 19" Evo did in Enhance, and then what it sounded like in Fine Gold - this is a pretty close comparison of 4500 to 5000 ;) especially when using the Evo's.

I've seen the same thing on another deep target in Wedderburn using the 17x13" Evo. Enhance was getting it, Fine Gold got it a lot sweeter. This surprised me as with older coils I'd always found Enhance to give a more solid response on anything over roughly a couple grams - not so with the Evo coils. On the GPZ, the signal was a lot more positive in General compared to High Yield - which was what I'd expect.

One of the reasons I bought a QED, was I thought that because it dosnt have the timings, Normal, enhance etc etc, it would always be in "Normal" giving it a possible depth advantage over the Minelabs. Am yet to prove it, as conditions have not allowed me to give it test on suitable ground, but that should change shortly, I will run some tests with a 20" advantage in hot ground, QED v GPX 4500, same coil, same target, same day etc.

davent said:
I will run some tests with a 20" advantage in hot ground, QED v GPX 4500, same coil, same target, same day etc.

Look forward davent to your test results using a larger coil on both detectors as I expect that same target would need to of a larger size as it appears from what I have read that the QED does excel on smaller targets using small to medium size coils.

Very interesting Nenad :)
I should try more often differents settings when I got a target
Thank you for the video :Y: