Goldtargets 2017 adventures

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another trash and treasure mission, it actually felt like a lot more but I guess when your digging the iffy signals for junk it seems like more comes out of the ground. Still not a bad return for just over 2 hours coil time. Mrs GT has the steaks on as we speak!

The ring is stainless (Must be the week for it) and the penny is a late date 59 nothing special.

Couple keys that made sound interesting noises but straight in the recycle post pic.

Might have left a few 5c and 10c behind bit to much aly junk and I reckon the gold jewelry would be unlikely. Still I'll go back and finish up the street before winter is out, might be a couple surprises left. The aly screw tops and bottle caps was pretty relentless but I wanted to clear all the high tones so next year it's just swinging for high tone goldies.

All in all an interesting and fairly profitable median hunt in the local. Surprised that all the observers over the two hunts were either disinterested, polite or bullish about the shooting. No grass nazis makes GT a happy (and slightly richer) lad.
1497686710_img_20170617_174851.jpg

Steaks up....
1497687013_img_20170617_180912.jpg

I would be more than happy :lol: if I had plugged away for 2 short hours with those results O:)

Lookin like you got your spots sorted OGT :cool: :Y: ....you should keep those skeleton keys ;)
I've sold a few stacks on ebay and they always sell :cool: :Y:
Nice hunt...Mmmmm STEAK...oops I just dribbled on the keyboard :lol: :Y:

Well it's 4:30 and schools out ,... but the suns still up hey !
waiting ,..... just waiting !..........
:D

Been a bit lazy to post....But found a ripper new area. Opened the account with not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 x $2 coins in the one hole! Definitely the richest spill I've ever hit. Walked away with just under $40 in under half hour. Last spot before dark hopefully get an early day this week to get back. Mrs GT has the late shift again tomorrow arvo so hopefully get a chance to get amongst it and put some pics up.

Off to woolies with the recent haul I haven't yet spent after the rejects were put aside. It's been a better 6 weeks than I thought paid out a few goldies along the way....who says the hobby can't pay for itself?
1502589355_img_20170813_115307.jpg

Good luck out there fellas.

Hi Gt, I have jars and drawers full of coins from when i drove cabs part time after being made redundant in 1999-till now. Probably a cuppla hundred buck worth lying around. It doesn't take long to build a good size little hoard.
Does Woolies take the change??
Jaros O:)

I just put them in my local banks coin counting machine, no one has ever said anything. :)

The way I see it is if the machine counts it then it's legal and there's nothing wrong with the coin, even if it is a bit discoloured.

The lady always asks, "why so many coins" and I just tell her it's from metal detecting and she just says "wow that's fantastic", I usually cash in a grand at a time.

I don't mind....it seems the banks just started making it a big deal about 12 months ago...bring in shiny new coins no problem, dirty silvers and they seem to lose their minds. The advantage is almost 24/7 there's a chance to cash in using the self serve, most of the time it's faster than face to face in the bank anyways. I draw the line at 5c pieces though a bit of a hassle.

I took mine all in even though some were still dirty.....Used the coin deposit machine and once it was all done it said to check the reject tray...funny thing was it spat out about $1.50 of 20c, 10c, 5c coin and all of them were spotless....LOL

Had the choice today....Old Cobb and Co stop (new discovery for me) which looked overgrown and trashy, or nearby secondary college. The weather looked a bit gloomy so went to the undercover play equipment. $23 and change thank you very much! All in pristine condition except 15c dug from the depths. The sports oval still has all its high tones intact too with a couple of clear BB signals and either 2 aly screw tops or $2 coin signals on the short walk back to the car as dark was closing in.

Might do a live dig thread for the Cobb & Co have a weekend leave pass up my sleeve for time served from Mrs GT, and if you can't tell I'm bloody excited already. She's working tomorrow afternoon so I might get some recon in in the last couple of hours of daylight tomorrow. I'll put some pics up if anyone is interested. Cheers.

Same here, hopefully no one else has picked it clean. Best of luck on some nice finds (sovereign holder full of gold will do nicely)! :D

Latest posts