1st Time Out

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigWave said:
Hey Geeza, you're tuned in right by the look of your finds, just gotta find some good ground to walk over. There's many PAers going out on trips such as the recent Queen's Birthday GT Camp-out. Just join up a few of these and you'll be onto good areas.
Solo is admirable, but the slow road to experience.

Yeah silly me made it to the camp, but missed you guys and then I didn't check that you were in the Kirk dam area. I headed to the other side of the range. :(

Would be keener than mustard for another group meet up. Or head out and meet others going solo.

You're finding plenty of targets, Geeza73. Keep up the good work...those areas will uncover gold when you walk over it. Took me a few months to find my first piece. :)

Went to the happy valley, south of Linton today, seems to be hit hard over the years.

Seemed like a nice spot with lots of old timer diggings, but the more I looked the more ashamed I felt of how people (pigs) treat the bush.

People using old timer holes as a tip, paint cans, old DVDs, fencing wire, car batteries, plastic bottles

Piles of beer bottles and other drink containers.

Detector holes not filled in, or junk not taken from hole.

Oh well I battled in the wind today and dug lots of junk from the mullock heaps, no gold as usual.

Going out with gold and relics at the end of the month, so hopefully with get amongst the gold then.

Cheers guys dave

1502349268_img_2908.jpg

Well done mate. You'll always remember your first.
Mine (6 years back) was only 0.71g, but still has pride of place in my collection besides the bigger ones and specimens.
The hundred other littlies are relegated to the second case.
My daughter who dug it yelled: "Holy Sh*#e" instead of "Eureka" as she'd been briefed.
We did our penance after that with much more trash till getting back onto the gold.
That's fair warning to all newbs out there - respect the gold and it will come - disrespect brings trash.
Let the gold flow for you mate. Whohoo :Y:

Geeza I admire your tenacity and if it's any comfort (probably NOT) you don't have a monopoly on collecting junk. I've stopped looking for gold and instead have opened up a scrap yard. Whenever I find any gold I appreciate how hard fought it was to beat the odds, considering that there have been thousands upon thousands that have scoured the ground before you.

My collection sans the few nuggets that I found ...

Merry Christmas

1514150881_junk.jpg

An old timer out panning told me once gold wears an iron hat
I took my boys panning on Saturday up at creswick (my goodness there was a crowd of people out in the sun)
Anyway pinged this one with the sdc along the water edge. Doesnt quite show in the photo but is wearing an iron hat.
Pity Saturday was the only sunny day, winter returned in full force Sunday afternoon.

Cheers guys dave

1566199229_6c65c8c6-36b2-43cd-9971-c704f6883ff3.jpg

Latest posts