Want to be a TV Star? Gold prospectors wanted.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saw this on FB. Company seems legit. Here is their website. http://magilla.tv/

1495580003_mining.jpg

madtuna said:
I have a head like a smashed clam, not suitable for most tv time slots. It would have to be cable only and on the freak channel :Y:
WHAT? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:
But a true character to override any adversity mate.

madtuna said:
I have a head like a smashed clam, not suitable for most tv time slots. It would have to be cable only and on the freak channel :Y:

I reckon that'd be a hit :Y: just imagine a freak on a freak chanel prospecting for gold while taking charge of feral populations :Y: and showing a compassionate side by rescuing ill equipped wanderers who think their prospecting. That'd have to get the numbers surely.

7.62marksman said:
I applied for that got an email back had a think about then hit the delete button thought better of it
Have not been doing it long enough would make a bigger fool of myself

Didn't stop Todd Hoffman....or the blokes on black gold for that matter haha.

I have always said I'd like to be an actor, not actually based on anything mind you, for starters I have trouble remembering what I did yesterday half the time let alone a script lol.
Might shoot an email off....Most likely get rejected, but you never know. Sounds interesting.

OldGT said:
Didn't stop Todd Hoffman....or the blokes on black gold for that matter haha.

As much as we scoff at Todd's failures as a gold miner, the concept of Gold Rush was his idea. Without that I doubt we would have the many gold, gem and detecting shows that we all love to hate but cannot stop watching. Yes they are pretty lame but at least we get to see some of what we love about the hobby/obsession.

I wish all of them the best of luck and hope they strike the bonanza we all hope for.

We all mock Todd but DAMN he has had a bad run of luck. Everyone bagged him for failing in South America but.... He paid to mine on "virgin ground" that in reality was the waste of previous mining.

Anyhoo... I will keep watching them all. Let's all hope for a Mother Lode.

Looks like they are casting for anything they can find....Mechanics, singles, Kim Kardashian wannbe's, used condoms etc

Hey, now Pamela Anderson and Julian Assange prospecting for gold in an all 'naked in a mineshaft and afraid' episode might be interesting!
:p

I'll bet shows like this aren't looking for Tom Cruise. They want cast that know their thing when it comes to detecting. In that case the majority of this forum are perfect in my opinion.

Just say'n.