Australian national anthem

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davent said:
treasureman said:
rocketaroo said:
I have no pride in the way Australia was colonized, the empire was growing, and at great cost to many. I am proud of what we created, but saddened by what we allow to happen as well. The anthem is just a song, I dont care about it.
I share similar views to you. The australian land really has one rightful owner.. aboriginals... natives... land owners. The english colonisation was a racist murderous invasion. Some aboriginals today that have been grossly mislead into alcoholism and drug addiction is purely a result of what our ancestors brought to this country.
If you do research you will realise today that 40 football fields an hour are being pulled down in australia to make way for cattle farming.
The prestine australian environment has been destroyed by the colonisation. Polluted, eroded.. not to mention the filth we have brought here.. including the cane toad.. one wrong foul move from some moron that has wiped out most of our native animals.. and the cane toad hasnt finished its path of destruction.

All well and true saying how australias environment is ok sitting from your nice neat living room but if you look at our rivers, wild life, forests and beaches..they are a shell of what it use to be.

Aboriginals had a way of working with the land without destroying it. White folk moved in 200 odd years ago and has managed to submit the entire country environment into submission and well beyond it..

I have no aboriginal background, born in england. But these are my views and ive done a lot of research and come to the conclusion that the colonisation of australia is well beyond civil and humane.

But each to their own

You say you were born in England eh?
Well there you go. You force YOUR government to apologise and compensate the aboriginals then. Australia was colonised by people who did NOT want to come here, and the first 10 years of colonisation were almost a death sentence.
My ancestors were sent here, as late as the 1900,s my grandfather, was an orphan. Sent from an English orphanage to an Australian orphanage in a remote part of South Australia.
On my mums side, we have convict, a poor man who stole a sheep to feed his family.
As far as I'm concerned, my grandfather is on par with the stolen generation. He was a bastard (beautiful man, with the highest moral and family values) and taken from his unwed teenage mother, and sent to a forgein land as lonley unwanted child.
I will not accept any responsibility as to what happend to the aboriginals.
Further, I have aboriginal mates, some I work with, and some I socialize with, and some I can't stand the sight of.(guess those ones are not mates) and I feel the same about all people in general, can't stand the sight of redneck , ice head, racist whites either.

Yep like your grandfather my grandmother was also forcibly removed around about the same time, she was 3 years old and put on a Boat, Although she managed to track down her family many decades later she never did see her family ever again,

just about every Country on the Globe has been invaded and settled by one nation or another and vice versa and it has been that way for over 10,000 years, The Romans invaded Britain in 54 BC and then again in 43 AD, In 1066 the UK was invaded by the French and in the 15/1600s the Spanish also roamed many lands, So Australia's past is nothing new or unique, From the days of Alexander The Great to Genghis Khan to 20th Century Tyrants in 1939 and in the Gulf in 1991,

John.

All i can say is i was born in this country i have only lived in this counrty i have have skimped and saved for everything i own i have worked all my life in australia from the age of 16 (am now 58) unlike some people i know
I have no problems with any race be it white black red yellow each race have bad people and good people
At NO time was i ever envolved in the stolen generation so i have nothing to be sorry about and will never say sorry for something that happened before i was born
I go onto their land i will as permission as i would expect them to do to me
Whats done is done so lets move on and all live togeather
i was adopted at 6m old do you hear me winging or crying out for compensation or someone to say sorry no (unmarried mother no job etc etc normal crap different colour)
I was in a good family poor never had much of anything but always food on the table and a place full of love and that is what matters
As i have said lets all move on and get over it
Life is what you make it and only you can change it if you dont like it i have not forced anyone to take drugs ar get drunk
Sorry but you will not get a sorry out of me for anything that happened before i was born
God bless australia the land of the free

7.62marksman said:
All i can say is i was born in this country i have only lived in this counrty i have have skimped and saved for everything i own i have worked all my life in australia from the age of 16 (am now 58) unlike some people i know
I have no problems with any race be it white black red yellow each race have bad people and good people
At NO time was i ever envolved in the stolen generation so i have nothing to be sorry about and will never say sorry for something that happened before i was born
i was adopted at 6m old do you hear me winging or crying out for compensation or someone to say sorry no (unmarried mother no job etc etc normal crap different colour)
I was in a good family poor never had much of anything but always food on the table and a place full of love and that is what matters

Absolutely, It's how we deal with it is want makes the difference,

John.

casper said:
Ridge Runner said:
What happened 300 years ago was a terrible thing for sure, But I am not going to be held to ransom for something that wasn't my fault.

I have seen this over and over again ever since I was old enough to take note, But there has one thing that has remained the same / Constant, and that is every time people get to the point of realizing that they can't undo the past ( History ) they turn and Attack the Flag and the National Anthem, and The Queen,

None of which has killed a single person, Australia is a vast Land and there is enough to go round for those who want to embrace the Australian way of Life, And although we are spread far and wide, We Are One, Proud, Caring and loyal. and we need to remember the past but not held back because of it, In the last hundred years alone we have excelled and become a leader along side all Nations, That is who we are, We Are Australians.

John.

:eek: wow!!

Yeah "WOW" is right, Because as a nation we can do so much, we are resourceful in adversity and being cut off from the rest of the world we have had to over come and adapt, So if we put those skills to good use then we can do the impossible.

John.

7.62marksman said:
Life is what you make it and only you can change it if you dont like it i have not forced anyone to take drugs ar get drunk
Sorry but you will not get a sorry out of me for anything that happened before i was born
God bless australia the land of the free

re the boldened text above ...... I would say in answer to that, that 'empathy' is human.

I'll rest on that.

casper

Man, should an 18 yo German girl be made feel guilty for the actions of Adolf Hitler?
What about Muslims, should they all have to apologise for the actions of ISIS?
What about all of us humans? Should we all be made feel guilty because we were responsible for the extinction of the neanderthal?
Nobody should have a guilt trip forced upon them because of the actions of previous generations.
I'm pretty sure that the people of the day had good intentions removing aboriginal kids from their parents in the day, but it could have been misguided.

The saddest thing I've ever seen. Was 4 years ago at leanyer water park. I had taken my daughter there for a swim and slide(its a free water park) there was a lady there with a very young aboriginal kid (foster mum) and they were there to meet with the kids birth parents. The poor little bloke was crying, and I mean tears of dispair, bought a tear to my eye. The foster mum was crying, the kid was crying, I was crying, and my daughter wanted to know what what was wrong.
I said the little boy was hurt swimming, but the reality was, the little boy wanted his mum, his real mum, and she wasn't interested, she was drunk, and the boys dad, was dragging her away so they could play cards.
It was horrible. Sometimes you don't know what the right thing is , I wanted the mum to console her son, but she wasn't interested. The poor boy knew it, and her rejection was devastating. I'm not feeling good about typing this.
Again, it could have easily have been a little white boy, but it wasn't. We just get used to scenes like this in Darwin, Katherine and Alice Springs, probably the same in Kunnanurra, Wyndham, Mapoon, Etc. That's why we had an intervention.
And all the experts condemn the intervention, but don't offer any alternative solutions to the problems.

Yep, some times in the past the intervention of others have been worse than the problem being dealt with and the situation has multiplied, causing even bigger problems.

Lol, well it wasn't me, I did nothing to contribute to the dark side of Australia's History, So I do not have any reason to Apologize and I am not pleading Guilty because of the actions of others, We all have the same chances in life and it is what we do with them is what counts.

Ridge Runner said:
Lol, well it wasn't me, I did nothing to contribute to the dark side of Australia's History, So I do not have any reason to Apologize and I am not pleading Guilty because of the actions of others, We all have the same chances in life and it is what we do with them is what counts.

Wow now that's a bold statement ....................... but sadly so so wrong :|

Bogger said:
Ridge Runner said:

Wow now that's a bold statement ....................... but sadly so so wrong :|

There are 2 things that are Guaranteed in this world, One is a Life and the other is a Death, The Space in between is a game of chance, I have made bad choices and some good ones and some less than Average, But what ever those choice's were, they were my fault and I only have my self to Blame.

Bogger said:
Ridge Runner said:
Bogger said:
Ridge Runner said:

There are 2 things that are Guaranteed in this world, One is a Life and the other is a Death, The Space in between is a game of chance, I have made bad choices and some good ones and some less than Average, But what ever those choice's were, they were my fault and I only have my self to Blame.

No problem John but while your playing the game of chance in between as you put it are you doing it blind or physically hindered in any way ? Millions of other across the world are and it certainly was thru no fault of their own. Time to wake up Johnny

Well mate without going in to it too deep I have made some bad choices regarding my health, So that is my fault, I could shift some of the blame but in the end the final say was mine and I made the wrong choice. So be it. aye.

John.

Ridge Runner said:
None of us have to apologize personally...Ive never herd anyone say that we had to :Y: :lol:

So the person born blind as an example had a choice in the matter ? I could list a million things I have a chance at if I choose that a person born blind cannot even think about. Your statement was that we all have the same chances in life ............... I fail to see that in any way being true

Smoky bandit said:
Ridge Runner said:
None of us have to apologize personally...Ive never herd anyone say that we had to :Y: :lol:

Yes Mate, I agree, many folks out there expect the world (us) to wave a wand and put it all right, Well that can't happen So our only option is to treat all people as we would want to be treated, As Equals and put things in place so such things can never happen again,

My family was up rooted and that effected my grandparents, I decided long ago that people matter and that is all we can do until the governments write laws that suit them and every other person As Equals. then we will be heading in the right direction,

John.

Bogger said:
So the person born blind as an example had a choice in the matter ? I could list a million things I have a chance at if I choose that a person born blind cannot even think about. Your statement was that we all have the same chances in life ............... I fail to see that in any way being true

No person has control over such things or problems from birth and in the same breath No One is to blame either, The guarantee is of Life, Not the quality of life, And over the years Laws have been passed in order to help those with such problems, Which is the right thing to do,

for those who can't care for them selves, We have to in order to raise the quality of life for those people. But none of this is related to the issue of how Australia was settled or what the settlers/invaders did way back then.

Latest posts