Australian national anthem

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was reading today they want to change the words to the Australian National anthem what is the country coming to we need to all rise up and let the government know we won't have it can we have some sort of tradition and leave our identity alone :(

vstrom said:
I was reading today they want to change the words to the Australian National anthem what is the country coming to we need to all rise up and let the government know we won't have it can we have some sort of tradition and leave our identity alone :(
What do they want to change

My little ones version.

Australians all eat ostriches
For breakfast, ...lunch and tea!
Wrapped in foil with olive oil
Its ostriches for me!

Yeah, let's change the words to the anthem, change the flag, change the date of Australia day, hell, change the name to the LBGTI, multi cultural, political correct peoples republic of nanny land.(where you can look,from a safe distance,with steel cap boot,hard hat and fluro vest,sun screen, and white gloves, but DONT touch anything OK?)

With all of the bullshit going on here and abroad the mods are going to have their hands full for the forseeable future,maybe we will see a few resignations :eek:

Give the mods a pay rise inline with the cpi :)

They are pushing hard to try to get us to believe that we want a republic ,.... bah, would you trust these incompetents to even wash a dog properly, let alone design a new constitution that would benefit us one and all ,... the rogues just want more power and they know our constitution protects us all from them the way it is ,.... don't let them bluff you into anything with their crap, our constitution overrides state laws for a reason. :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
If they want to change it abit to recognize the true custodians of this great country..Im all for it...as our ancestors did take this country by force didnt they :/

I don't know a country that hasn't been affected by invasion of sorts. The state of how this nation rose above challenging and difficult times is why it shouldn't change imho. I understand that today's cotton wool brigade need to feel they've made a difference to justify in their own mind the ridiculous remuneration they receive.

As the old saying goes you can't please all the people all the time.

Australians, Young and Old have fought and died for those words and that flag when it was all they had when fighting in foreign lands to remind them of Home and it was the reason they were there, So don't let what they gave up all be for nothing.

john.

davent said:
I think we all forget, that Australians didn't invade Australia.
The English sent convicts here. The convicts, and soldiers/sailors had no say in it, they were sent here.
Blame the POM's!
My Grandma said it wasn't the Germans doing things to the aborigines, it was the Brittish.
She was German decent and Grandad was Brittish decent, and both families had been here for generations (this is all on my mothers side).
Australian aboriginals are the only race without a true homeland of their own on the planet. They need some land back holus bolus unfettered by any obtrusive outside influence to go about their daily business on which to live their lives in peace again with the land (albeit with modern technological practices that can be utilised in harmony with the land, as well as the time tested ones handed down from their ancestors) :Y:
I honestly think that anyone in their right mind should not find fault with their plight ! ,.... their plight is our plight

davent said:
NT aboriginals defiantly have homelands, you need permits to enter them.
But are they truly theirs, or can a mining company still apply through gov't to get approvals to mine dependent on tribal approval ?
I'm talking about real ownership, not some fairyfloss offerings.
I'm hoping you ginna tell me "but they are real silver, no fairyfloss up this way", that'd be nice to hear Dave. :D

Well, any mining company that wants mine on their land, needs to negotiate with the TO. (Traditional owner) and work out a royalty contract. As a result, there are not many proper mining operations on their lands. There are vast gold deposits in Kakadu as well as uranium, diamonds all through Arhnemland. Groote Island also has a fair bit going for it.so, I would say, its not token ownership at all. Fishing guide business is very hard but to crack as well. Not economicaly viable in most cases.
Mining companies can NOT mine Aboriginal land without negotiating with the TO. I can't even enter Aboriginal land without getting a permit. They have their own rangers and make good use of trail cams. South of Wandie, there are signs warning you that you are entering their land, and trail cams are set up. Best prospecting ground I've seen, I'm in the process of getting permission now.....I know a guy!

silver said:
They are pushing hard to try to get us to believe that we want a republic ,.... bah, would you trust these incompetents to even wash a dog properly, let alone design a new constitution that would benefit us one and all ,... the rogues just want more power and they know our constitution protects us all from them the way it is ,.... don't let them bluff you into anything with their crap, our constitution overrides state laws for a reason. :Y:

Just imagine what the monetary cost it would be, even replacing all our currency would be horrendous.
It works to some extent at the moment and really the queen doesn't meddle with us, so having her as a head of state is just symbolic.

Occasional_panner said:
silver said:

Just imagine what the monetary cost it would be, even replacing all our currency would be horrendous.
It works to some extent at the moment and really the queen doesn't meddle with us, so having her as a head of state is just symbolic.

That's right and having The Queen as head of state also comes with a guaranteed Political and Military weight Should Australia ever need it,

The Queen has a lot more Respect for Australia than people realize not to mention an immense Pride in Australia as a Nation,

John.

NeilM said:
Try singing Advance Australia Fair to the music of House of the Rising Sun.

That is cool.
Have to get my head around it first (and learn the words) ]:D

silver said:
NeilM said:
Try singing Advance Australia Fair to the music of House of the Rising Sun.

That is cool.
Have to get my head around it first (and learn the words) ]:D
video of just the music
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wS57McY0w9A
words
1495581226_screenshot_2017-05-24-09-04-43.jpg

Latest posts