Deteknix HD Deus headphones - highly recommended!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
After recieving the new Deteknix HD Deus headphones this morning from Nenad (Phasetech), I was very eager to get out and give them a good workout, especially after hearing the glowing reviews that these are receiving from abroad. Needless to say they were right. Great build quality, extremely comfortable and lightweight, loose enough to not leave you with a headache after an hour, but firm enough to not have them slipping off your head every time you bend over (hello Koss). Click the WS4 puck in place and away you go, simple as that.

The audio is spot on for me, and that was my main concern with any aftermarket headphones on offer for the Deus, including this one. Many full muff headphones for the Deus tend to lose that crisp clear audio that the WS4 backphones are renowned for, including my Chefphones from the UK which tend to sound quite "muffled".

Whilst the Deteknix headphones are full muff units, noise isolation apparently wasn't one of its better features going by the overseas reviews/comparisons. As far as I am concerned that is a good thing. They do offer a good balance of noise isolation whilst still having some connect with the outside world, the audio is plenty loud enough to hear over any ambient noise, plus you can talk to your detecting buddy without having to remove them all the time. I do prefer to know what is going on around me when detecting, hence not really a big fan of using headphones that act more like safety ear muffs.

The ear cushions are nice and soft vs the firm plasticky feel of some - after a while I pretty much forgot I was even wearing them they are that comfy. Also included is a 3.5mm or 1/8" jack port with a rubber O-ring sealed plug to keep out moisture, hence you can connect directly to the Deus remote should the WS4 go flat - the cable is also included.

In keeping with the XP line of thinking where all Deus parts are replaceable, these headphones also offer fully replaceable parts - a great move by Deteknix.

Lastly the headphones come with a nice drawstring storage bag to help against further soiling or scratches. As for how rugged these headphones are, time will tell I guess, will leave that for an update down the track after some more detecting hours.

These are so new to the OZ market that they have yet to appear on the Phasetech website, so if interested, get in contact with Nenad and I'm sure he will look after you. :)

1495191907_img_20170519_183951.jpg

1495191929_img_20170519_184033.jpg

1495191951_img_20170519_184103.jpg

1495191973_img_20170519_184142.jpg

1495191995_img_20170519_184215.jpg

1495192016_img_20170519_184254.jpg

1495192035_img_20170519_185811.jpg

I need a pair of wireless headphones. How much do these ones cost? How many pairs of wireless deus headphones are available now?

Around the $158 mark Treasureman, pretty good pricing considering what other options exist.

Here's a list of what's currently on the market, plus an excellent in depth video comparison of below mentioned models :

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/dB1CaIEf2rU[/video]

XP - WS4 backphones, WS5 full muff headphones

1495270294_images-3.jpg

1495270341_images-4.jpg

Deteknix HD Deus headphones
https://www.deteknix.com/product/hd-headphones-for-ws4-podcoming-soon/

1495271033_2017-05-20-18-36-54-446989228.jpg

DetectorPro - Gray Ghost XP cordless
http://www.detectorpro.com/grayghost-XP.htm

1495269179_headhunterxp.jpg

Vance metal detectors - Vance Muff Headphones
http://www.vancemetaldetectors.com/...e-muff-headphones-(best-deus-headphones-ever)

1495269457_images-1.jpg

Chefphones - CP6 Deus headphones
http://www.chefphones.com/cp6

1495269634_images-2.jpg

Detectingdoodads - Treasurephones

http://www.detectingdoodads.com/store/p39/TREASURE_PHONES.html

1495270209_s963253682610875296_p39_i2_w640.jpg

Central Soundz Quantum Whispersheadphones

http://www.metaldetectingworld.com/560-1-centralsoundzwhispersxpdeus.html

1495270896_2017-05-20-18-34-32-133419477.jpg

So $160.00 v $450.00 - sounds too good to be true.

Always happy to save a dollar :Y:

Most of the headphones are just a variation of the same theme, similar enclosures with the ws4 remote mount attached, and selected speakers that try to emulate the original WS4 audio.

I also own the Chefphones, and quite frankly they don't compare to the Deteknix headphones, the audio is quite muffled in comparison plus the remote sticks out a fair way ready to get caught on vegetation. The remote on the Deteknix headphones is a lot more integrated and sits quite flush - looks more like they were made specifically for the Deus rather than just an afterthought.

Going by the video the Chefphones have upgraded the type of headphone used compared to my earlier version, plus apparently the Gray Ghost headphones now have improved speakers over the more muffled original ones.

A lot of the pricing difference comes down to poor exchange rate with both the UK and US, plus relatively low production numbers vs the more mass produced offering from Deteknix. :)

Thats an incredible price will have to buy some .
Will they only work wirelessly with the ws4 pod?

I tried the ws5s, and the difference in sound threw me right out, I was struggling with them. If the deteknix sounds the same as wearing the backphones, then thats a big plus.

rocketaroo said:
I tried the ws5s, and the difference in sound threw me right out, I was struggling with them. If the deteknix sounds the same as wearing the backphones, then thats a big plus.

It's close enough to the backphones that I enjoyed using them straight out of the box, usually I am pretty fussy about how tones are conveyed, clarity etc. Pretty hard to go wrong with the pricing on these.

Treasureman, they only work wireless with the WS4 controller, though the option is there to use them wired to any other detector with the supplied cable.

Just an update on the Quest (formerly Deteknix) Deus headphones after using them for over 12 months now. They have held up real well and taken a good old beating over the last year, and that includes usage in the rain. I have not missed using the WS4 backphones one bit, as this headset is so much more comfortable to use, especially on keeping the ears warm over the winter months and for use in areas with plenty of ambient noise.

The sound quality is outstanding, and is usually a good test on whether certain headphones are truly compatible with the Deus - you really need crisp audio when using the Deus vs the muffled response offered by many other third party brands (at least that is my preference).

Probably the only downside is the inability to wear a parka hood due to the sheer size of the full muff headphones, whereas the WS4 backphones can comfortably fit under your hood. Sure they are weatherproof, though on the same token it's not much fun returning home with a drenched head.

So far so good, will see how they will handle the next 12 months.

Latest posts