Bread Crate Classifier

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey All,

I thought I'd share my bread crate classifier. It's an ugly looking beast but it worked pretty well.

I still don't have a highbanker, so I'm still using my little AM Grubstake sluice. I found the bucket sieve to work really well, but wanted to try something different to get through more material. So I came up with putting a bread crate on top of a big tub.

The two pool noodles on the sides keep the rocks over the tub. Underneath there is some conduit which stops the bread crate from sliding off. I then used a pump and hose attachment as a sprayer. Just flip the crate to the side to empty the rock and keep on going.

I got through a lot of material (16 15litre buckets). Waders and a raincoat are the go as the water splashes a bit.

I can definitely see why highbankers were invented. I felt like I WAS the highbanker. It was still hard yakka.

A Highbanker is the next purchase, that is for sure!

1494997294_containerclassifier.jpg

1494997314_containerandsluice.jpg

Nice bulk classifying system there Brendo. I think you were doing the Hopper part of a highbanker. Bulk classifying then running it through the sluice would mean your probably able to work a decent amount of material...it would be easier than panning all day that's for sure. :) :Y:

Thanks guys, yeah definitely easier than panning! And bulk is the word for it. I still have to refine my cons to see how it all turned out.

Latest posts