Thank you Simmo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hadn't been out to the Palmer River for a swing for about a year and I was getting pretty niggly. I had decided to head out on the May Day weekend then out of the blue Simmo rang me and offered me his lease to camp in and try my luck. I was blown out by his generous offer. :Y: :Y: I tried a spot where the cairns group had camped and found a few bits on one of their trips. I have a 4500 with a 14" mono elite on it. I got to the spot where the other guys found theirs, turned the machine on and dropped the coil straight on top of the smallest piece. .22 gm at three inches deep. We moved to another spot the next day and I scored a .6 gm piece with the 2300 then the last day I was rewarded with a .9gm piece with the 4500 and a Deteck15x10 elliptical. I am stoked with the time out there. On our second afternoon there a lad came down to camp to show us an amazing find of his own. It was an honour just to hold that piece of history. Thanks again Simmo. :Y:
1494761617_image.jpg
1494761636_image.jpg

No Worries mate. You and Shane are always welcome.

Hey nice find with the Colt, only the second one I've seen out there!

Imagine the cry of "B U G G A" resounding through the bush when that digga got off his horse back at camp and realised his
holster was bloody e m p t y ! :eek:

What a beautiful find that Colt! Some things better than gold I reckon, Have ticked gun off the detecting list finding a turn of the century winchester .22, but a Colt pistol would definitely be hard hard to beat. Good on you Simmo, nice to see there's still some great Aussies out there willing to let other blokes have a go, bloody awesome.