CGS - Teknetics Delta 4000 Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very very little low hanging fruit in South Brisbane,the bloody fruit bats have eaten it :/

1496125158_img_0585.jpg

1496125224_img_0586.jpg

1496125269_img_0587.jpg

1496125315_img_0588.jpg

You can only see 3 pieces of low hanging fruit being a 1 x $1.00 and a sad 10c + 5c the rest represents a lot of hard graph over a lot of long hours but that is what it takes.

One of the 20c coins was made in 1974,I was still in high school :eek:

I am "happy enough" to provide the hours although demanding 8)

Only junkers down the bottom sadly also with a 1993 25c filipino coin and the mandatory cone :D

Thanks for looking :)

Note - 3 more weeks I will be back on the beach digging in the soft sand :cool:

I think I need to make a clarification about today's post about my finds.

My finds took about 20 hours to find last week (6-8 hunts) with me going home for lunch with just $2.00 on one hunt after nearly 3 hours :eek:

Luckily today I found just over $20.00 which is well over half of my weekly finds giving it some respectability.

So when I say hard graph I mean hard graph over 1 week 8)

I am looking for your sympathy just telling you the truth about my detecting efforts in the South of Brisbane for the last 7 days = Hard Yakka.

Looking forward to the softer "ground" of the Sunshine Coast :cool:

Last weeks finds cleaned with my new Lortone tumbler.

Before
1496655727_img_0586.jpg

After
1496655799_img_0610.jpg

I could not believe the colour of the water,it was like filthy very dark coffee 8)

I didn't take a photo of the water but will will take one when I clean this weeks just as filthy coins.

I bought a 2kg bag of very good small "round" stones for an aquarium from the Big W which worked a treat I reckon.

I ran it for only 1.5hrs which seemed plenty of time.

It didn't do as much for the "silver" but allowed them to be cleaned enough to be laundered at the self check :cool:

I love my new work saving Lortone tumbler - Recommended :Y:

1496656925_img_0612.jpg

The Lortone tumblers do take a lot of the physical work out of cleaning spendables, I ended up getting the longer version with twin canisters - come to think of it they are still full of washed coins from last year. :8 I also used that aquarium gravel, seem to do the job well for a cheap tumbling media. :)

Goldpick said:
The Lortone tumblers do take a lot of the physical work out of cleaning spendables, I ended up getting the longer version with twin canisters - come to think of it they are still full of washed coins from last year. :8 I also used that aquarium gravel, seem to do the job well for a cheap tumbling media. :)
Oh ho ho ho ,.... we'll need to see some photo's of how they look now after that long wait percolating Gp ! :p :p :lol:

caparobertsan said:
question- DO we need to clean spendable? I recon can just use it to recharge my miki card!? ]:D

# Do we need to clean spendable's - Yes - when they have been in the ground for 2 decades :D

# Miki Card = :/

cashgoldsilver said:
caparobertsan said:
question- DO we need to clean spendable? I recon can just use it to recharge my miki card!? ]:D

# Do we need to clean spendable's - Yes - when they have been in the ground for 2 decades :D

# Miki Card = :/

Yes we do. A lot of shops and even banks will refuse to take "dirty" coins.

This weeks fantastic finds :Y:

1496739376_img_0613.jpg

My fantastic "jumps wings" and my very first pre florin (.925) and spolier NZ $1.00 coin
1496739463_img_0614.jpg

A zinc soldier and a Pandora single earring (.925)
1496739735_img_0615.jpg

Dirty water after tumbling a few goldies/silvers excluding pennies and 1c/2c coins
1496739980_img_0619.jpg

What a week,hoping for the same next week :cool:

A fab weeks worth of finds CGS,certainly helps to keep you on the edge, have a better week next.
Cheers, SinHof.