CGS - Teknetics Delta 4000 Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These are the better finds since I last posted besides my fantastic "Newcastle" bottle.

I had only found 2 silver coins before these and the sixpence and threepence were mostly 2cm deep.

1494725319_img_0543.jpg

1494725423_img_0544.jpg

1494725494_img_0546.jpg

1494725538_img_0547.jpg

The .222 was dropped by some shooters and the 2 x .38 were dropped by some military personal during training during WW2.

1494725684_img_0545.jpg

My oldest coin,a 1881 British shilling.

1494725807_img_0548.jpg

My best ring being a Michael Hill stamped MHJ CZ 925 weighting just over 5g.

The 2 cool metal whistles were found with the shallow small silvers side by side,used for military training I reckon.

I have been really struggling in the last few months in Newcastle,the Gold Coast and North Brisbane where I am today.

But next week I am off to Coolangatta,then back to Brisbane but in the South and then off to Mount Coolum for 4 months hoping my "luck" will change.

I have learnt that you don't need the "best machine" but good ground,good hours and digging the right numbers.

Thanks for looking.

"Good luck"

Cash - Gold - Silver :)

Goldpick said:
Some very tasty finds there CGS, have you identified where the military buttons were from? :Y:

Thanks Goldpick but no.

I did have a quick sticky but I could not find anything.

Might you point me in the right direction for identifying them.

Thanks again.

CGS :)

Coolangatta Gold :)

1495101303_img_0569.jpg

I went to Coolangatta Beach yesterday afternoon (just a cross the road) on the falling tide with my C Scope and only found the "tent peg line" including one good sized nut and bolt.

I swapped out the C Scope for my trusty Delta 4000 for this mornings hunt on the dry sand and was pretty happy with the results considering I have been having a pretty dry run.

When I was approaching the beach I could another bloke doing the "towel line" who looked like he was swing (like crazy) a CTX 3030 which he keep close to the sand to my amazement,he was also leaving the beach as I walk past.

I didn't do the "towel line" which I decided on yesterday but did the perimeter which proved to be the right choice.

I also found my biggest coin spill (4 yrs) with about 15 coins within the size of a hand,the coins were in every denomination.

I noticed also that most of the coins were fresh with only a few older coins.

It is nice to have some runs back on the board again :cool:

Notice the spoiler 10 Euro down the bottom,I didn't know it wasn't a $2.00 coin until I got home.

P.S. I wonder if this morning "competition" will read this.

Some impressive finds there cgs :cool: :Y: well done...nice variety of finds up top and the cash to boot :rainbow: :party:

Crikey, someome must have spilt their whole wallet/purse worth of coins in the sand, either that or mr ctx couldn't find the "hoard" that he buried to test the ctx on - well done. ;)

More Coolangatta Gold :p

1495445117_img_0578.jpg

I found another coin spill today being "only" 8 coins with a few more goldies thrown in to the kitty as well.

I have found just over $38.00 (no jewellery) while in Coolangatta (6 days) which is about 2k for the year if I can keep the averages up getting me a "free" XP Dues.

I am leaving Coolangatta tomorrow afternoon heading to South Brisbane looking for some unraided parks,I will be in South Brisbane for 4 weeks before heading to Mount Coolum and the beach again for 4 months.

Thanks for looking :)