Hotfoot Pulse Induction mat?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is some serious gear.
Should be able to afford one in another 10 years going by my current find rate.

Has anyone here used one of these before?

Referring to this:

http://hotfootrug.com/Why_the_RUG.html

My first question is why are they comparing a PI to a VLF to describe some sort of advantage of their PI system?

Secondly the limitation of the VLF ground cover described on the site is operator error by not sweeping properly. The same could be said about the mat if not overlapped.

The last figure implying a square loop is reading directly straight down is BS. The wire in that loop should be pictured as the VLF loop is where field strength is stronger closer to the wire.

Then there's the detector part how good is it compared to an ML PI? 2-3 miles per hour is walking pace.

My opinion is there is merit but it's been done before. The bells ringing in the back of my mind is the oversell of its capability with slight of hand comparisons.

Jon

Ah you beat me to it mbasko with the LRL. Needless to say the potential importer should be doing their homework.

Now a mat set up on a ML as a tow coil would eliminate some of the pain setting up a big solid coil if it could be done but yep I agree, as soon as you start lumping them in for sale with LRL's and the like you've just killed off any credibility you may have had and lost 90% of your market or anyone with half a clue.

I see there are a few youtube video's of them out working in the fields, but you still need a detector to pinpoint, so if your in heavily minerised ground you would still need to carry around a PI.

Latest posts