Another walbanker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've finished my walbanker.
1494120122_1494120099361-1809446601.jpg
1494120151_1494120134764675279824.jpg
. I bought a 1.5 inch chinese copy of the honda wx15. Couldnt afford the real thing so this will have to suffice. Time will tell how long it lasts.
1494120276_1494120260067-1313914719.jpg
1494120306_14941202901781722808061.jpg
. Ill have to find time to give the banker a run in between detecting, panning, exploring and my family. Any comments regarding the banker for improvements or faults would be appreciated.

Very similar to my little pump. But one little mod I did with mine is I undone the outlet, turned it to face the same direction as intake. Unscrew the cam lock. Fit a 90deg elbow, tighten to hand tight and back it off a tad, Refit the cam lock to bend tightly. This gives you an option of left and right position to set up your banker. Simply by turning the the elbow.

And dont forget to tighten every nut and bolt on those import motors...most are only fi gertight ... Bluecurrant, go to local libary at Woopi ;) and look for woolgoolga local history book... Interisting reading...hint hint... and yes i lived there for 10 yrs... and found a bit around there too...

LW...

Not too sure if you can borrow it..Reference book i think... but you could allways read it then ask to copy what you need... if they try the old copyright stunt..under copyright you are allowed to copy a reasonable amount for research puposes... ;) one bit of interist is the bit about the old fellow who went to his 'Bank ' every month... PM me if you have trouble finding a copy.. :)

LW..

It doesn't hurt to undo all the bolts on impeller housing and put anti-seiz on them. Corrosion in harsh enough.
can some one please explain why the cable tray extends past the V on a Wal banker?
Do you need it after that?

Haha, fair enought. Make sure all tour edges on it are rounded off, sharp bit etc. The eat waders apart. Speaking from experience!

One good other mod is to undo the pumps bumpers on the bottom, get some alloy box or C channel, get some longer bolts to suit, and put the rubber bumbers back on, this gives your a bit of extra height of the ground. They can tend to vibrate their way into wet gravel and sink a bit. And spit dirty crap all over you pump. 50mm lift is a good start height.
I tried pvc pressure pipe at first.... no good.

Tomorrow im finally ! taking the walbanker out for a test run to see how it works. I dont know weather there is any aluvial gold in this creek as all the gold was mined out of quartz veins. So from the advise given. I have done the following for preventive measures. I've used cat anti sieze on all the pump housing bolts and impeller. Put a bit of lock tight on all other bolts. Ill make up a bigger pump base to. Some of the spots ill be exploring will require long treks thru thick bush, last thing i need is for something to fail. Also I got the book loanwolf, just need to read it. :Y: thanks again.

Kool, best of luck.
change the oil after your first use.
Looks very simula to my pump. There is a small in line filter immediately under the tank, undo the fuel line to it periodically and unscrew it from tank.and reverse flush.
give the engine and carby and spray of inox, good stuff, even on electric stuff.

LoneWolf said:
And dont forget to tighten every nut and bolt on those import motors...most are only fi gertight ... Bluecurrant, go to local libary at Woopi ;) and look for woolgoolga local history book... Interisting reading...hint hint... and yes i lived there for 10 yrs... and found a bit around there too...

LW...

Hey mate I have been trying to find some detailed information on mining around woolgoolga but can't seem to find much myself on the web. Would be much appreciated if you could share any knowledge you have or possibly provide a link to your information. I grew up in the area and actually used to play in an old mine there as a kid not knowing what it was lol. Currently in Grafton though I plan on popping down and giving that book a read ASAP ..anway any information you might have for now would be greatly appreciated..cheers
Can't believe i grew up and did so much exploring in the area not knowing the history it has with gold wish I had my pan with me back in the day!

What are your plans for it?
Detecting, panning, or history?
Try starting a new thread in the gold locations etc part.
You might get more views and answers etc under that topic.
Navigating the forum will come with time.
Once you hit your ten post, you can directly PM the person if you wish.
:Y:

Latest posts