At it again..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mackka said:
Hey 20x, next time you are in Brisbane I have a bit of "rehabilitation " work for you in my garden mate :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice job and can't wait to see the results.
Mackka
lol but there isn't any gold in brizzy besides whats under the footings of the story bridge.
I don't understand digging in gardens, concrete is best for that, no mow and no weeds..ever lol

After letting the crevice/clay/mallow material soak for a couple of days, today I started
to process it...
1497340025_wp_20170613_14_15_59_pro.jpg

Doing 1/5 of a bucket at a time I drill/mixed for about 2 minutes. I then tipped the clay/silted
water out, then I filled the bucket back up (1/4) with clean water and mixed it around by hand
and then tipped that silty water out. I repeated this process 4 times until the water I was tipping
out was lightly brown.
By doing this I am aiming for total particle separation, I am trying to eliminate the possibility of
even the micro sized colour to be stuck to any percentage of clay particles that increase the golds
buoyancy which decreases the efficiency of recovery..
1497340691_wp_20170613_15_07_11_pro.jpg

50 litres of material processed down to 20..
1497340817_wp_20170613_15_40_28_pro.jpg

1497340881_wp_20170613_15_41_33_pro.jpg

Ready for the next step :cool:

Mackka said:
20X water I cannot wait for the next exciting episode!
Mackka
COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!(to quote Leyton) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
See what I'm pointing at..
1497357438_wp_20170608_13_30_55_pro.jpg

they are pig rooting's and have nothing to do with the next episode.

See what I'm pointing at..
1497357563_wp_20170608_13_31_07_pro.jpg

that's the end of the old timers race where it enters the gully, and that does :lol:

silver said:

get out of my head lol

been thinking about creating some type of mini wet mixer, puddler actualy. even sitting on that stool and bending
over panning in that tub is killing my back after 2 hours ey.

something like outbacks creation is going to be needed, love how its up off the ground!!! :cool:

the problem is....

how can I get a small amount of material sampled as instant as a pan does?????

ground finder?????

Dry or wet, you'd probably want something like the old gravitron ride at the show in the old days ,... pan fits into a flying saucer shaped(hollow topped)device, with a catchment in the outer rim, crank the handle to make it spin, heavier particles and small nugs held in outer rim by centripital force while lighter flotsam/sand/and gravel get expelled up and over the rim ,... need an outer ring for the ejeculate to spill against before dropping to the ground ,... when finished the heavies would drop to the bottom of the pan once the spinning motion is stopped.
The whole thing designed with the purpose of reducing to the heavy fines in the shortest time and easiest possible way.
patent pending.
Silver ;)

silver said:
Dry or wet, you'd probably want something like the old gravitron ride at the show in the old days ,... pan fits into a flying saucer shaped(hollow topped)device, with a catchment in the outer rim, crank the handle to make it spin, heavier particles and small nugs held in outer rim by centripital force while lighter flotsam/sand/and gravel get expelled up and over the rim ,... need an outer ring for the ejeculate to spill against before dropping to the ground ,... when finished the heavies would drop to the bottom of the pan once the spinning motion is stopped.
The whole thing designed with the purpose of reducing to the heavy fines in the shortest time and easiest possible way.
patent pending.
Silver ;)
lol yeah I hear ya :cool:

but its particle separation of a shovel full of dry ground containing clay that's the first issue here...a 12 volt milkshake maker/nutri-bullet is what im thinkin..

Gotta be all hi-tech like that to have that speed advantage I guess ,... modified nutra ninja sounds like good thinking to me, probly need to toughen the leading edge of the blades or they would just wear away pretty quick, and you would soon see where the wear zone was gunna be as the plastic pares away from the inside of the unit(be like sand blasting) ,.. be alright if you could get or make an all metal model. :Y:
Maybe just a custom made container that fits your battery drill mixer, just a screw on lid with a drilled hole in the middle, pop the lid on your mixer first before you fit it to your drill ,... lid could be made to fit and hold the actual drill with an up down glide type movement also, so that would centralize the mixer part into the container when in use so that it doesnt smack against the sides ,....and make it so the drill and mixer can be slid up and down,... once it's all set up just add your clayey dirt and water to a certain depth in the container (leaving room for the mixer to fit when screwing closed), then start the drill and slide it up and down on the glide. :D
yours to copywrite 20 :Y:

silver said:
Edited the above post. :Y: :D
lol...nice one, ive done the central hole in lid thing before with a plastic lid, problem was all material is
trying to drop out in the centre(of the endless bend), the paddle cops a hiding so the lid hole just gets
bigger. offset works better :cool:

NeilM said:
20x You are an inspiration to me,

Well done

I am learning as i go and this is great education for me.
gee thanks mate, such a nice thing to say, so glad its helping :)

Latest posts