At it again..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20xwater said:
oh yeah, 2 days ago I scored a 800 acre property in the upper turon to prospect. :cool:

Bathurst is being good to me :cool:

How lucky can ya get, great news. There are some gem deposits around the Upper Turon in places too, if you're highbanking keep an eye out in your cons for diamonds, rubies and sapphires. Not sure how common they are there but I've seen the deposits on maps of the area.

Todays panning results..
1496905157_wp_20170608_15_24_47_pro.jpg

ground is wicked :cool:

This is the ground I'm working at the moment, chipping away at decomposed bedrock
chasing roots, slow going but really interesting..
1497088922_wp_20170610_10_44_59_pro.jpg

Before I dug down and discovered this root the bedrock over it looks intact..
1497089116_wp_20170610_11_08_33_pro.jpg

The material I'm pointing to thats filled the cracks is what I'm after, from watching
another prospecting video I think its called mallow?..
1497089284_wp_20170610_11_11_04_pro.jpg

I haven't processed any of the 'good gear' yet but here is a pic of a monster flake (lol)
that came from the iron stone wash on top..
1497089487_wp_20170610_15_44_29_pro.jpg

This is a crevice I discovered this afternoon from scratching around, i started on the left of pic
down in the tight pinch i noticed i was ripping out smashed quartz but just thought it was
alluvial until i got to the bit where it widens..
1497090315_reef_crvice_full.jpg

Heading back tomorrow to open it up more and clean all with water to take a mad pic.
:cool:

G'day 20X
I think your gunna have to change your forum name ,,,,, to GOLDFINGER ... you seen to have the knack of finding the larger flakes. most of us need a 10x magnifier to see our flakes lol just to think, I was heading up to hill end for a day over the long week end or 2 to catch up with Balmain Bob and perhaps yourself , but the weather put me off, I take it, it not to wet there , any frost about

iamagoldenoldie2 said:
G'day 20X
I think your gunna have to change your forum name ,,,,, to GOLDFINGER ... you seen to have the knack of finding the larger flakes. most of us need a 10x magnifier to see our flakes lol just to think, I was heading up to hill end for a day over the long week end or 2 to catch up with Balmain Bob and perhaps yourself , but the weather put me off, I take it, it not to wet there , any frost about
lol, was overcast yesterday with a sprinkle of rain here and there(didn't worry me), sunny blue skys today. come up tomorrow?

It's a pretty informative video with the bloke reffering to it as mallow. His got a few out. All are pretty good

ballarat_gold said:
It's a pretty informative video with the bloke reffering to it as mallow. His got a few out. All are pretty good
yep that's him, I like that bloke, can tell he loves the challenge of alluvial ey. :Y:

Opened it up from one side of the gully to the other, I got 1.5 20lt buckets of good gear out of
this crevice, filled and washed it with clean water then dunny pumped it out..
1497166598_wp_20170611_12_11_42_pro.jpg

Crevice cam view..
1497166727_wp_20170611_12_08_27_pro.jpg

Closer..
1497166791_wp_20170611_12_09_56_pro.jpg

After I took these pics I kept smashing down further because there was still heaps of mallow
amongst and each side of the vein. looking down the crevice view, the bedrock on the left at
the far end had a hollow-ish sound to it when I tapped it with the pick so I flogged it hard to
crack it to the surface and it revealed a narrow chamber of mallow behind it that I didn't know
was there. :cool:

Rehabilitation - i chocked the crevice with larger rock first so the crevice has voids to be
filled by the heavy-est materials (gold) that pass over it over time with floods..
1497167867_wp_20170611_12_46_28_pro.jpg

i kept the saw crass tussocks aside when i began to replant, what crevice?..
1497168031_wp_20170611_13_07_23_pro.jpg

next harvest = 20/6/2027
moving on :cool: ..

Nice looking little leader in that crevise Scott. The slate on the right hand side looks as though it has been altered by the fluids that carried the silica and other minerals. I can also see some Ironstone in the crevise as well. It will be interesting to see if any of the gold is hackley Indicating that it was shed by that little leader. :Y:

Hey 20x, next time you are in Brisbane I have a bit of "rehabilitation " work for you in my garden mate :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice job and can't wait to see the results.
Mackka

jethro said:
Nice looking little leader in that crevise Scott. The slate on the right hand side looks as though it has been altered by the fluids that carried the silica and other minerals. I can also see some Ironstone in the crevise as well. It will be interesting to see if any of the gold is hackley Indicating that it was shed by that little leader. :Y:
That colour (tiny pickers photo) actually came from a depression 2 meters down from this crevice and
there is an old timers race that enters the gully about 30meters up just to make the puzzle more fun lol.

Latest posts