At it again..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minority. ?
We are all in the minority as far as things go. :(
This is a reason why we all need to pull together
to keep our hobby going.
As for sook,s.
No body is a sook when you are out and enjoying yourself. :Y: :Y:

Tathradj said:
Minority. ?
We are all in the minority as far as things go. :(
This is a reason why we all need to pull together
to keep our hobby going.
As for sook,s.
No body is a sook when you are out and enjoying yourself. :Y: :Y:
What I am saying is I am the minority of the minority that processes that much ground that quickly.
The sooks are the pencil pushers that have nothing better to do than winge about a pile of rocks or
dirt in water.
This is whats happening around the creek I'm prospecting..
1496469680_wp_20170603_11_11_10_pro.jpg

Gotta love the health of the native tree's left in this gully..
1496469742_wp_20170603_11_16_20_pro.jpg

Now lets compare that to my own restoration to natural state work..
1496469894_wp_20170603_11_46_35_pro.jpg

:D :D :D :D moving on...

G'day All,
First of all, I would not like myself or any other person that values our hobby of fossicking and posts comments relating to the promotion and preservation
of "fossicking" to be seen as goody 2shoes or sooks, and thats not alleging that 20Xwater is doing that.
Personally. I enjoy reading his posts, a valuable contribution to fossicking for gold for forum members to read, however , the forum is not only viewed by members but also visitors perhaps as tathrdj indicates, the regulators , so it is important that one bears this in mind when posting.
Alas, the rules and regulations, is the land you go to crown land, for general use by the public at large or perhaps rezoned as an environmental reserve, for example Oallen Ford in NSW. Is the land State Forest where you need a fossicking licence, or private property. All the areas you intend to go need a bit of research before you go.
What is the State legislation that allows you or restricts you with fossicking, are you allowed to use a trommell, what about a dredge, water canon or water hosing, ahha, mechanical equipment, from my research , we are limited in what we can legally do , and we can thank NAFPA and its members for the continued fight against the legislators to allow us to continue. A very good example for the record is for the recognition of the continued use of high bankers. I read the submission and was comprehensive and would have taken an unrewarded effort to those who contributed.

So what am I on about, no personal attacks on anyone, just be mindful of the pictures you post, fill in your holes, your legally required to do that regardless of what the next flood may do , report any illegal activity you come across to who I do not know, plantation pine forests can do what they like as they are controlled by legislation, but we need to be wary of what we do , keep an eye out on each other , see if reported stolen property is in use,
JOIN NAFPA doesn't cost much if you like fossicking an to all committee members, keep up the good work.
In closing, cant wait to met a few members our there like balmain bob 20xwater & mr adventure gold
Now as a hunter & fisher did you know that as from the 4th June 2017 , bowhunting fish on inland waters in NSW will be illegal , see what can happening with the stroke of a pen, don't let this happen to fossicking even thought a few local government regions have now declared "fossicking regions"

Today I did some gold line work, this is one of 2 places I did..
1496470381_wp_20170603_12_51_35_pro.jpg

The line is in the right half of this shallow trench, deeper = less again, top 200mm is the go
even though there are massive bedrock crevices below. This ground is very hard packed indicating
that a lot of heavy material has passed over it over time. 1 shovel of this ground = 1 hand full of
fines. much better ground but this creek is not rich.
Tiny but coarse colour in this spot..
1496470771_wp_20170603_12_50_46_pro.jpg

Good onya 20, great to soo you following up some color mate !
:Y: O:) :Y:

Regardless of all things lets not have the hijacking of anybodys thread for any reasons at all by anybody regardless of membership status ,... I think the creation of a seperate thread for any off topic subjects with a simple link posted to draw ones attention to the fact that there is a separate issue needing attention elsewhere would suffice ,... especially if the nature of the subject of that issue is confronting/ delicate/ or controversial ,... that way a best outcome can be achievable out of topic, even in such circumstances as were broached on this thread recently.
The required outcomes can then be reached without the burning of any bridges of communication within the membership of our great forum.
To one and all
Sincerest regards
Silver.
;) ;)
edit in:- Such as this newly created Destination Thread below, specifically for such purposes. :Y:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=336181#p336181

I for one like seeing the area that people are digging and the story behind the gold in the pan + it teaches some new bees were to dig if he is getting the gold yes you are not a loud to dig more than 1 cubic meter in a 48 hour period but I can not tell that he has by the photos on here and he even filled in his holes which is more than a lot of people do 20 times water keep up the good work and I for one like reading your posts and seeing your gold ................and if he can't put posts up of what he is digging then maybe we should stop putting posts up of our hibankers to because as I see it right now we are all bracking the law turning on our
pumps to hibank

Me 2 buddy ! :p
I like the increase on your take too ! :cool:
O:) :rainbow: :party:

thanks mackka n silver, but seriously the amount of colour I'm getting so far from both sampling and banker runs of various
creeks so far is poor. Cant help but think its been a long time since last decent flood in this area..

The flood gold in Tuena is coming from the very bottom of
the creek.
Under all the deep sand filled sections. :D :D

Tathradj said:
The flood gold in Tuena is coming from the very bottom of
the creek.
Under all the deep sand filled sections. :D :D
lol I see, Ive only worked a tributary of tuena creek so far.

This afternoon I went on another recon mission to a new area. Came across a creek that's bedrock geology was new.
Bedrock was widely foliated but horizontally dipped, so crevices were mainly cracks in the slabs of foliation. What I
found interesting was that when horizontal it also cracks along the rhombohedral axis's of its cleavage and then
that actually looks like a foliation direction itself. (some worthless trivia lol)
anyway..so I found a spot where some fines managed to hold under some weeds and grass at the edge of a cleavage
crack in a slab..
1496650313_wp_20170605_12_45_19_pro.jpg

first 3 pans were consistant colour, deeper turned into zero, there was also a 1 inch crack under all
that so I dunny pumped it and still got zero.
colour from those 3 pans..
1496650369_wp_20170605_13_31_09_pro.jpg

moved on..

Went for a drive to another area through tracks that passed through old timers workings in higher ground and followed
tracks to get to the lower ground below it all. first gully I came across I just dug a random test hole about 300-400ml
down and took a full shovel what was in the bottom of the hole..
1496651007_wp_20170605_14_02_37_pro.jpg

I had to pan it else where as there is no water, my eyes aren't good with colour but there should be a dozen
or so shows of colour in this pic from that test..
1496651135_wp_20170605_14_03_27_pro.jpg

I went to the next gully and did the same thing, this ground is loaded with iron stone shot(love), should be maybe a
couple of dozen shows of colour in this one..
1496651297_wp_20170605_14_54_07_pro.jpg

successful recon, much to do :cool:
ps..what I mean by colour with eyes is, can see it clear as a bell in the pan, light and reflection changes in photo.

ballarat_gold said:
did u hit bedrock on that hole in the above pic mate ? Or just taking samples at numerous depths ?
Na mate didn't hit bedrock or sample depths, was late in arvo so just took a shovel full from each hole elsewhere to pan.
Heading back tomorrow with a water supply to investigate deeper ;)

something I didn't share before..

I happen to live with 2 blokes that work in the pine plantation game in this area. they have talked me into having a crack at it
maybe starting next week. prospect n plant lol..

'plantation pine forests can do what they like as they are controlled by legislation' :lol: :lol:

oh yeah, 2 days ago I scored a 800 acre property in the upper turon to prospect. :cool:

Bathurst is being good to me :cool:

Latest posts