At it again..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mackka said:
Well stop ya belly aching and get on with it mate. I want to see whats next.
Mackka :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
lol this was at 10.45am when I got there. I spose winter sorts out the fossickers
from the prospectors doesn't it lol..
1496298962_wp_20170601_10_16_35_pro.jpg

Oooh! Looking forward to the clean up pic's. Moves some pretty decent amount of material for the 3 hours. :Y:

Rusty_G said:
Oooh! Looking forward to the clean up pic's. Moves some pretty decent amount of material for the 3 hours. :Y:
More than most I reckon....After seeing one hole he dug in the time he did it in I'd say he missed his calling as the local grave Digger. ...And for that reason I wouldn't stand between 20x and his coffee lol. Would have done alright beside the old timers no worries

Hi People,
Please do not take this the wrong way.
I would appreciate it no end. :Y:
I am asking this as a Committee Member
of NAPFA and the few phone calls I have had.
That is a very determined, admiral effort there
but would you mind taking note of a few things.
We are only allowed by the regulations to disturb
1 cubic meter of material in a 48 hour period.
Behind the scenes we have spent nearly 1 year on a project
with the DRE on allowing The use of High Bankers to get
them removed from the " Grey " area moving into full
legal usage.
I kid you not, The detail that we put into it is staggering.
If I am allowed, When all is done and dusted, We will publish
the report for all to see.
We see that before photo's have been taken. Would it be a bad
thing if a photo be taken after the project is finished.
As per the regs, The land must be restored to as close as possible
to it's original condition.
The powers that be do scan the forums and if they came across
some thing like this, Would have a real field day about it. :N:
And most likely use the images as an excuse to dampen any hope
of us getting the Rules changed.
Many Thanks for not getting upset at me, Just trying to give out
friendly advice.
Doug

Tathradj said:
Hi People,
Please do not take this the wrong way.
I would appreciate it no end. :Y:
I am asking this as a Committee Member
of NAPFA and the few phone calls I have had.
That is a very determined, admiral effort there
but would you mind taking note of a few things.
We are only allowed by the regulations to disturb
1 cubic meter of material in a 48 hour period.
Behind the scenes we have spent nearly 1 year on a project
with the DRE on allowing The use of High Bankers to get
them removed from the " Grey " area moving into full
legal usage.
I kid you not, The detail that we put into it is staggering.
If I am allowed, When all is done and dusted, We will publish
the report for all to see.
We see that before photo's have been taken. Would it be a bad
thing if a photo be taken after the project is finished.
As per the regs, The land must be restored to as close as possible
to it's original condition.
The powers that be do scan the forums and if they came across
some thing like this, Would have a real field day about it. :N:
And most likely use the images as an excuse to dampen any hope
of us getting the Rules changed.
Many Thanks for not getting upset at me, Just trying to give out
friendly advice.
Doug
A..thats not a cubic mater.
B..50% of what I processed were fines and have washed down the creek.
C..I don't highbank 2 days in a row.
D..if I'm happy with the amount of gold I got from that dig I intend to keep digging.
E..once I am finished emptying out that big crevice I intend to sweep my tailing pile(s) back
into the crevice.
F..that whole area is a pine plantation right up to the edge of the creek bed. the creek in many
places is dammed and choked from their pine trees that fall in. this creates now flow directions
and in places erodes the banks out further.
G..photos of the pine plantations destruction they leave of this NATURAL state your talking about,
after harvesting to come.
:D :D :D

I agree with you. :) :)
Just did not want to cause any friction. :Y:
Thank You.
The way you go about it,
You would need a rest after 2 Days. :lol: :lol:

20xwater said:
F..that whole area is a pine plantation right up to the edge of the creek bed. the creek in many
places is dammed and choked from their pine trees that fall in. this creates now flow directions

I think photos can and do distort the appearance of certain features in a photo. The angle of the shot is an obvious example.

Yes, there is many natural processes that can cause erosion, and log jams are a prime example. I guess we have to remember that the powers that be are most likely not educated about these.
Best to post a good photo of your hole filled back in. The more the general prospecting community is scene as caring for the land and water ways the greater the chance we have of securing a future for our favourite hobby. :Y:

Rusty_G said:
20xwater said:

I think photos can and do distort the appearance of certain features in a photo. The angle of the shot is an obvious example.

Yes, there is many natural processes that can cause erosion, and log jams are a prime example. I guess we have to remember that the powers that be are most likely not educated about these.
Best to post a good photo of your hole filled back in. The more the general prospecting community is scene as caring for the land and water ways the greater the chance we have of securing a future for our favourite hobby. :Y:

Now that I have done my clean out I now know its not good enough for me to work any
further in that crevice. So tomorrow when I go back to do some more investigations I will
push that tailing pile back in as it was. knees behind shovel takes me 2 minutes to destroy
a pile like that. I will even take a photo for the future of your hobby.

Tathradj said:
I agree with you. :) :)
Just did not want to cause any friction. :Y:
Thank You.
The way you go about it,
You would need a rest after 2 Days. :lol: :lol:
lol, I don't smoke anymore so I don't stop until my back pain reaches
a point where I know I have to stop or I pay for it for days later.
sluice in moderation :lol:

result of that session..
1496382786_wp_20170602_14_45_20_pro.jpg

been a bit suss on this sluice config as riffle spacings are a lot closer, this run I went steeper on angle
with touch more flow to deal with over-feeding and riffle config was high,low,high,low,high,low.
this gold is puss and floats on water tension, sluice is good :Y:

Good on you Bloke,
You don't know how much we appreciate that.
Good Luck, It will come your way soon. :) :)

20xwater said:
Rusty_G said:
20xwater said:

Now that I have done my clean out I now know its not good enough for me to work any
further in that crevice. So tomorrow when I go back to do some more investigations I will
push that tailing pile back in as it was. knees behind shovel takes me 2 minutes to destroy

Tathradj said:
Good on you Bloke,
You don't know how much we appreciate that.
Good Luck, It will come your way soon. :) :)

20xwater said:
Rusty_G said:
20xwater said:

I didn't know there was a problem with highbanking in nsw until yesterday, if I did I probly would have moved back to vico and wouldn't have posted my digs.
for the sooks that don't like what i have shown you, i am the minority!

Latest posts