At it again..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20x

scott
Reaction score
First day out on the gold in a couple of years, went for a drive to check out Sofala
and the upper turon. Stopped at a ford and started pumping the pan, nothing beats
that flash at the bottom of the pan. Happy with my first tailing pile, had a ball :cool:
1493790965_wp_20170503_13_20_39_pro.jpg

1493791084_wp_20170503_13_21_47_pro.jpg

Mackka said:
Hey 20x
Not prying mate but what happened to opal?
Mackka
simple as this mate...not my claim!
I have held out on a lot of gained knowledge from what I just did, for later on.

good work mate, love that colour in the pan
got to do more of that and put the detector away for awhile.

GT :)

ps...the only material that actualy goes into my pan is what I classify through that 3mm sieve.
I don't even bother 'wasting' my 'time' looking at it. the chances of a piece of gold being bigger than
3mm is very remote especialy in a 'river' where I see an old bucket dredge and no visible bedrock bottom.

Love ya work mate. Can't wait for the next instalment on the new adventure.
Information gained is information earned.
Best Wishes and more power to you.
Mackka ;)

goldtruck59 said:
good work mate, love that colour in the pan
got to do more of that and put the detector away for awhile.

GT :)
you should mate ey, or mix it up a bit:)

so I went to tuena fridy morning and found the camping ground, walked down to the creek and seen some blokes digging deep into the roots of all those trees there.
seen my first gold cube in the flesh briefly as I walked past. another bloke had a pretty serious banker going and another with a detector scanning the whole as they dig.
anyway...I had a bit of look at that stretch just there and did a some sample pans in a couple of places(open bend ground, behind a big log). 1 micron colour in 4 pans for open bend, zero behind log. noticed a big recently dug hole so I did 4 pans from the bottom of that and got 2 colours. moved on...

went for a drive and found somewhere that I liked the look of imediantly. ripped all the top material off down to bottom stinkys(material that's been there the longest)
and panned that..
1494055598_wp_20170505_11_47_20_pro.jpg

much smaller tailing pile this time coz of 2 things..even though I pan sitting on that stool my back still gives me hell from duration in that position,
and coz I didn't feel well when I woke up, by 12 oclock I was getting the flue shivers(24 hrs in fetal postion lol, just come good)..
1494056019_wp_20170505_11_48_52_pro.jpg

1494056050_wp_20170505_11_51_24_pro.jpg

still had fun, good recon mish, power of the yella :cool:
ps..I use 2 pans, 1 to pan with and the other to put the colour in, I just dry my finger and the colours sticks to it.

Nice lookin rock 20, water musta used to flow along it instead of over it ,.... be good if it dipped down into a deep boil hole along a bit further at the end of your rock formation (just wishin for ya) ,... maybe you need a probe. ;)

Your crevicing tool is a beauty,I assume it is handmade.Nice little bit of colour as well.

silver said:
Nice lookin rock 20, water musta used to flow along it instead of over it ,.... be good if it dipped down into a deep boil hole along a bit further at the end of your rock formation (just wishin for ya) ,... maybe you need a probe. ;)
that's right mate, your talking about the foliation direction of the bed/country rock wich from what I seen all runs the same direction in that whole
area. was still the same even back to abercombie caves area. dip angle was quite vertical everywhere I looked to.
there is an advantage to this for eg...sence of direction told me foliation is running east west, so no matter what direction the creek is running where you are, and if bedrock isn't exposed you will know whats below before you dig down to it.

Today I went for a drive to hill end just for a look, all I saw was historical this and historical that on all the signs there so I
thought best I just leave lol. On the way back I stopped to take a pic of this gully..
1494919590_wp_20170516_12_07_28_pro.jpg

I want answers lol...

I noticed this roo in a yard at wattles flat on the way, was still there on the way back,
seen some big roo's in my time, he's huge..
1494920090_wp_20170516_15_54_00_pro.jpg

anyone noticed him before?

Looks to me like someone has been speeding up the process a little ,.... and why is the guy in the creek next to the obelisk trying to hide, he's dug a decent little hole down there.
:eek:

silver said:
Looks to me like someone has been speeding up the process a little ,.... and why is the guy in the creek next to the obelisk trying to hide, he's dug a decent little hole down there.
:eek:
oh, I see...lol...

Today I went on a recon mission closer to home, got there after lunch and just started driving down roads.
Came across this..
1495001971_council_cut.jpg

They were having smoko and all looking at me as I took a pic (zero phux given lol).
On the way back from where I went I ended up behind a haul truck..
1495002116_council_follow.jpg

followed it to get an idea of where they are dumping (definitely a sunday mission lol)

Did a lot of driving along creeks looking for the right scenario, stopped at one spot
and got zero colour(to steep).
Kept driving and went to another area, drove along a creek looking for the flat
and widening scenario..
1st pan..
1495002492_pan_1.jpg

2nd pan..
1495002527_pan_2.jpg

3rd pan..
1495002569_pan_3.jpg

This was not from a crevice...game on! :cool:

Latest posts