Setting up the garage

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well it has taken a while, but i have finally cleared out the garage enough so i could start bringing my lapidary equipment in. Decided since i was in close proximity to the laundry to hook the grinders up to mains water. So far so good, just have to be careful not to turn the tap on too hard :eek:
Still got a bit of work to get it finished, but happy to get off the back porch.

1493550290_img_1356.jpg

1493550290_img_1357.jpg

1493550291_img_1358.jpg

1493550292_img_1360.jpg

Don't know about a heater yet, if it gets too cold can always use warm water to the grinders ;) , but may need a fan or two for the warmer months.

Aussiefarmer i had though about getting something to back the pressure off, but will have to wait till i can get to the shops again.

Haha thanks for that mate, i had my eye our for a workbench when i was in there but didn't see anything that i could use. The two i got i picked up at the tip for $4 each so i did alright in the end.

Maybe you could fit a cystern to the wall and use it as a header tank, you could hard plumb it in then so'se there'd be no problem with too much pressure at all, n it'd just keep itself topped up ,... just run the overflow from the cystern out through the wall to a garden area. :)
better still mount the cystern on the outside wall .

Looks like you're well and truly on a roll there shivan :Y: I like the idea of being able to run tepid water through the cabbing machine - even up here in QLD, cabbing in winter can get your fingers numb.

Cheers

Cheers guys.

Silver, i am going to try a pressure reducer similar to what is used in drip sprinkler systems first. I did have a gravity feed system before this, but had problems with leaking around the tap. I can always try a hybrid version if worst comes to worst.

Lefty our lapidary club has a hot water system set up for the winter months :D So i was also thinking a bit of warm water in the winter could be handy.

Latest posts