My finds with the SDC since end of 2016

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Braved yesterday's heat for a few hours in Mt Crawford.

Rescued this little nug from the heat. Yet again in someone else's hole.

0.15g, sorry for the bad ipad photo.
1517001711_image.jpg

Dangy Gold said:
Keep em coming samrota. Next milestone 200 pieces ?. Im a fairway behind my first milestones 10 lol

Thanks Dan.

Was great to catch up today, albeit short. Pity the gold didn't come out and play.

Hi all, just did another trip to Victoria with my mate for 5 days of prospecting.

We went to various spots, most yielded a few tiny pieces, but that big one eluded us once again. Both of us had pockets full of junk at the end of each day, with a few small pieces of gold to show for our efforts. We were getting a bit down as time was running out and that nice big piece was there to be found somewhere.

On the last day we stopped at a few diggings spotted from the road for one last ditched effort. This one mullock heap i was detecting scored me 12 bits for the arvo, with the largest piece going 1.1g.

The quartz specimen was found in the first 30 minutes on day 1. It had a few more specks in it but some fell off when cleaning.

We will be back to find that chunk.

My haul, all 4.3g of it
1520029217_image.jpg

Very nice work Sam, I was at Jupiter Creek in February and of course had no idea where to go so just wandered around a bit in the big paddock next to the car park. then ended up in the bush and I think I angled to the right from the paddock and ended up at a huge old shaft surrounded by a fence and a giant collar of mullock heaps.
There was no gold for me to be had that day. Maybe one day I'll be back.

well done my wife hasn't found a any gold with hers yet after about 40 hours with her sdc i have found three bits

Hi all. Haven't posted in a while. Probably found a few grams since then.

Added these to the tally today. Total of 1g

1526547496_20180517_182355.jpg

1526547546_20180517_182434.jpg

Spent a few hours looking at some new spots, nothing but junk. Went to a spot that I had found a tiny piece on Saturday. First 3 targets were gold. 2 within a foot of each other.

Had to leave early to pick the daughter up from school.