My finds with the SDC since end of 2016

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PhaseTech said:
I'd use it on the beach as it's easy digging, but coin hunting in a park would be impossible as you wouldn't move very far digging every tiny bit of metal.
No Discriminating iron mode? Can it find large gold as well?

caparobertsan said:
PhaseTech said:
I'd use it on the beach as it's easy digging, but coin hunting in a park would be impossible as you wouldn't move very far digging every tiny bit of metal.
No Discriminating iron mode? Can it find large gold as well?

I think it can only find small gold, or is that only I can find small gold.

Jokes aside, it would scream it's head off on a large piece.

Well done Sam, Sa would have to be the hardest state to get gold in so you are doing remarkable. I wonder did wishful get any the weekend he was with you? and which machine he used?.

SS. No I didn't find any yelllow. My mate who was using my sdc did though. I was really trying to get my 4500 worked out. I like my 4500 now after a big J learning curve compaired to the sdc. They are like different tools in your tool box. Sdc is good all round machine, you can't go wrong apart from lowering your bank balance by around $3400. The 4500 and 5000 go deeper. Like I said I was mostly using the 4500. I found it hard to pinpoint with to start with but I got better.
I was digging way bigger holes than when using the sdc. It seemed to pick up lots of little things like the sdc but deeper.

Finally got to 100 pieces. Only found 3 pieces on the weekend, weighing 0.67g total. Sorry no photo of them as i already dropped them in my gold jar. So I'm at 101 bits of SA Gold, now to get to 150.

Did a bit more exploring of the property looking for likely looking spots. So much junk from the old timers it's crazy.

Haven't posted on here for a while. Still finding the odd small piece here and there.

Up to a total of 146 pieces now.

Today's find, all of 0.15g.
1510385686_image.jpg

Forgot to add. I firstly when to Chapel Hill. The amount of junk is insane. Worst of all, found a recently worked area that was scattered with freshly cut squares of thin tin. Making detecting not fun, but i guess that was the aim. Not happy though.

Last gold for 2017

Headed down to Jupiters Creek this morning for a few hours.

Straight to the spot i got gold from the last 2 weekends. First signal within 2 minutes. Stupid hotrock i thought, SDC loves em. Got a great collection of them now. Cracked it open and got a surprise. My first SA specimen.

1514615088_image.jpg

A few minutes later i had 2 more pieces.

Moved to a new spot and scored 2 more very quickly. Then nothing, started to head off and ran into Bacchus. Nice to meet you mate.

1514615200_image.jpg

Got one more bit on my way out. Never turn the detector off.

1514615147_image.jpg

Nice way to round off 2017. My first full year of prospecting has been a great learning curve and have loved every minute if it, all 150 pieces of it. Haha

Thank you to all that helped me find gold, you know who you are.

Have a great New Years everyone. My 2018 be the Golden year.

Got out this morning for a few hours before the heat got the better of me. Bit of humidity didn't help. Had a few drink breaks too.

Result 0.9g and 0.8g. Both bits in the same hole, even better that it was someone else's presvious scrape. Still some SA gold out there.
1516517788_image.jpg

Latest posts