My finds with the SDC since end of 2016

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Latest finds on the weekend.

1493519218_image.jpg

Was aiming for 7 pieces, but that last one was ellusive. Was hoping to get my tally to an even 50 pieces of SA gold in 5 months.

Still amazes me that the SDC can find fly poo sized pieces of gold.

See my intro post below

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=20105

Mammoth effort Samrota, nice work. :Y:

I will be in Adelaide this weekend coming and hopefully get out searching for my 1st SA gold.

You inspire me that there is still gold here somewhere 8)

Good to some SA gold still coming to light, bet there was a few hours worth of detecting to come up with nearly 50 pieces. :)

30 odd pieces have been in the last 4 trips, but yes in the beginning many hours between colour.

Reassurance that I should keep gong with my sdc, clearly finding the little ones is purely relating to the ground I am covering - need to get out more.

Do you cover grassy ground, or are you always on baron ground without much grass/leaves etc?

Clearing a spot of leaves and branches helps a lot. Get the coil right on the ground and go slowly.

Ground i cover varies from overgrown scrub, sides of tracks, and in dry creeks. SDC is perfect for all those nooks and crannies.

Latest posts