Mixed lot

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roy cobb

Steve
Reaction score
Went for a swing at an old sales yard where they have markets sometimes and its a large area only got a small part done but was fun as I have not been out for sometime First target was a $2 coin and it was down 8" good start then a 10 cent coin some normal trash then a 1cent coin this is going down hill back to $2 thats better then my first broach

1493008843_20170424_141137-600x1067.jpg

Followed by a steel button anothet $2 coin followed by my first cuflink
1493009244_20170424_135332-600x1067.jpg

then my last target for the day was reading high was it my first florin not to be it was a lump.off aluminium but look at the alian face on it

1493009081_20170424_141423-600x1067.jpg

Good hunt roy, brooch n all ! O:)
recon you been watching too much STARSHIP TROOPERS though, seeing that alien face like that. (just lucky I know my aliens huh) :lol:

Nice cameo as noted,... looks like 'milk-glass' over 'plated' (?) substrate....

Per Wikipedia;

"How a cameo is made?
Cameos are commonly made out of shell, coral, stone (Agate), lava, or glass. These carvings are set in either gold or silver. Cheaper costume jewelry cameos exist, and these are set in a base metal and made out of a molded plastic, glass, or resin. These are not hand carved and are not worth a lot of money."....

more here;... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameo_(carving)

Might be the pic 'light' but it looks gilded, so it may be high end costume, as it doesn't mention 'gilded' items in the above...a further look on UK sites may provide more info..

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/fine-jewelry/cameos

^^^^ Also a good site to find just about 'any' collectible...just click 'Browse All Categories'...

Still a nice find regardless, and you must have been thrilled to reveal it once more. :Y: :D

Is the cuff-link gilded or have markings please?... :)

Gypsy

Latest posts