Historical (Hysterical) Urban Finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After posting a recent thread about the UK Sovereign hoard find,...
www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/20/gold-sovereign-hoard-found-college-piano-declared-treasure

then recalling last weeks story on the Iranian tank fuel tank full of gold,...
http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/12/man-w...d-inside-for-just-30000-needs-a-pint-6570819/

then the 'reportedly' Nazi train in a tunnel last (?) year....more myth than hoard atm...
www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_gold_train

I got to thinking about a thread with links, posts, pics, video's of historical unusual, or extraordinary, 'bolt holes' that have been uncovered over time, in circumstances well outside the realm of where most prospectors (minerals or relics) would consider to search...

I do recall the tale of a long ago discovered 'parlor' chair found in a US home that was stuffed with English/US cash and jewels,...if i come across it again i will post it....and like the piano above, it was hidden in plain sight...and USED, and no-one knew for decades until circumstances initiated the discovery.....

So come on folks, any old re-discovered gold mines under the floor boards, treasure chests in the back garden, yard sale mega finds tales, you can think of/find...

Drop them in here.....and yeah i know folks start their own threads for personal finds, many are pages long, so perhaps the most weird, odd or out of place finds could merge here also....i'll leave that up to you, the members....

So,... what do you have to share?.....

One last link as a teaser to get you thinking....GOTTA check out #4!!!!! on the list ]:D ]:D ]:D
http://www.oddee.com/item_98785.aspx

Cheers
Gypsy

You must be young Lonewolf....outrageous i know, but the 'psychedelic 60's' was also known as, or referred to, as the 'swinging 60's' for those old enough to remember.... you just confirmed it. lol ]:D

Latest posts