Guidelines for crevicing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, was wondering what the go is with crevicing in rivers/creeks on private property and national parks, i know the rules on digging but cant really find much on checking holes in the bedrock and crevices?. Are we allowed to travel up the creek/river by water? And is it trespassing if i dont touch the banks?

My view if you travel up the river with a cannoo and a paddle you should be fine
however if you up the river of a national park you could be up there without a paddle and a lot less money

Ok thanks just wondering as ive done it in front of a ranger in a national park and he was more intrigued at the gems i was finding, i asked if i could do it and he was fine with it. I had in mind that it wasn't permitted in national parks. I guess im just lucky ive got a good spot and a good ranger.

I usually only take handfulls of gravel from bedrock check it and put it back once im done so i guess he could see i wasn't disturbing much in the river/creek.

Prospectinglife, would this happen to be around Coffs Harbour/ Grafton by any chance..... Not after your 'Gems'... just after a yay or nay....

LW...

Yep, some Rangers are kinder to the genuine bloke who is out just for some fun and shows he isn't making a mess/ disturbing a large area and looks after the place. However its not worth the risk...get a ranger on a bad day, and his bad day will be your worst day of prospecting.

Latest posts