Modify my river sluice or get a highbanker?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a marvick (?) sluice box (river sluice) and thinking if I should convert it to highbanker or just get a highbanker?

I have no knowledge in terms of how to design (technically) the highbanker .

Any feedback welcome :)

In terms of buying highbanker my budget is around 400 (excluding the water pump) and I dont have much equipment (to DIY) at home as well....

You may be better off keeping the sluice as if you travel long distances on foot a sluice will be the way to go. With the lack of equipment issue it looks like it may be better to just buy off the shelf, or buy second hand in the for sale section of the website. The $400 may not be enough to buy new. Ken.

Do you want me to make a unit that can do both. Using the same first trap method as mine, then dream mat after. With removable water wing? Pm me m8

malau you said I have a marvick (?) sluice box (river sluice) and thinking if I should convert it to highbanker
why not do the mod so it is easy to reverse back if you need to
i made the mistake of doing it permanent then when i needed the sluice i had to make another one

Latest posts