The Best NF EVO Coil For The GPX4500?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you will be happy with the 24-12 Evo Goldflower, I did recommend it on an earlier post. I leave it on my 5000 most of the time, it's better than the 12 Evo for pinpointing and I have found small pieces that compare with the 12. Ground coverage was one of my reasons for going with this coil. Interested to hear your opinions and good luck.

This is a fresh find from the gold fields at Rye Patch a couple days ago, with my gpx4500 and 14x9 evo, 8" deep, .55 gram. I even found a #9 birdshot while out on this trip with the 14x9 evo, a very sensitive coil for sure, misses little. I am also a fan of the 14" Elite round coil for deep gram size nuggets. Some days I cannot swing it very long so revert to the 14x9 Evo.
1497117879_rye_patch_nugget_front.jpg

I have one question with coils for the GPX 4500 , I have found many people finding small nuggets with an SDC 2300 , more so than GPX . We all like to find large nuggets but frustrating part is ,either I am doing something wrong here , finding lead but no gold lol . Can anybody suggest a coil equivalent to the coil used on an SDC for a 4500 .

To try and keep up with what the SDC can do, a 12x8 Evo for normal soils, 8" Commander or Detech for hotter soils. A 14x9" Evo is almost as sensitive as the 12x8 but goes a bit deeper on the bigger bits.

Get your Rx Gain up as high as the ground will allow. If your Rx Gain needs to be below 6, then turn your Stabilizer up.

If you are finding small lead, stay positive, as it means the spot hasn't been flogged out.

Cheers, Nenad

Perhaps even closer to the SDC is the hybrid bundle/flat wound 12x6 x coil. It is incredibly sensitive, more than the Sadie. For me, it finds things I dont really want to futz around with recovering they are so small.

Goldflower said:
Some great feedback on what your using guys, thanks.

As the areas I detect have been flogged with older machines I might go as deep as I can so the 24 x 12 is the pick atm.
I know the 18" Elite should pick up where the 14" Elite stops but as stated I'm keen to have a NF in the kit.

I still have a fair bit of work to do on the area I'm working with the 14" before going bigger so will sleep on it a bit.

Just sold a couple of dirt bikes so cutting out the proceeds in some more detecting gear. :)

flogged ground doesn't necessarily mean all small or shallow gold has gone and only deeper gold remains, technology and prospectors knowhow always determines what remains. Probably one of the best detectors to confirm this theory is the 2300.. countless have found more gold on flogged ground with a 2300, same goes for the 7000 but in comparison probably not as successful vacuum cleaner IMO, and I can vouch going back with a different approach using the same gear can also yield more.

Personally, I think the Evo 15" is pretty hard to beat, a good all round coil on a 4500/5000 that most can swing all day, it dont miss much and behaves quite well in heavy mineralisation.

I just found a .05g with the 15 evo, about 3 inches deep. Ridiculous. Took me 10 minutes to find the damn thing, almost gave up. Great coil.

^
haha, there ya go.

Yeah only 15" drawback is its a right pain in the butt pinpointing the small targets in pay dirt... a good pinpointer is a must

The 12 and 14x9 Evos are doing ok for me at the present time but Ive just purchased a 15 Evo in the hope that it will do just that bit better. I havent used it yet so I cant. Say whether Im happy with the decision or not. I am open to comments on another decision Ive made on swapping a 12 x 8 Evo which I used and just wasnt happy with to a 12x7 nf Advantage which I had great success with in the past finding me lots of small gold.

Latest posts