Crevicing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1491697547_20170409_102026.jpg

A simple tool for those deep little pockets under "clean"water you cant get. Worked a treat yesterday :)

Ha, ok I'll tell you how I came up with it then Ken now you mention it.lol. after digging in behind a lump of bedrock, I noticed a small hole, about the size of a 20c peice. This hole had no other influence of filling up except gravity. So I stopped shovelling the banker and thought what the heck. This little hole got deeper and deeper, to the point I couldn't get the gold coming out of it, so I taxed a (SHORT) vacume line off the 4x4, and sucked it up, and im mean exactly that, spitting it all in the pan! Grit and clay..... but good flakes with every spit.ha. yep I nearly chucked a few times from sucking to hard ,but seeing gold in the pan keeps one sucking......... so yep, I got sucked in.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: your quite a big Suck MH :p the proof is in the chuck-up haha Good idea though.
mudgee hunter said:
Ha, ok I'll tell you how I came up with it then Ken now you mention it.lol. after digging in behind a lump of bedrock, I noticed a small hole, about the size of a 20c peice. This hole had no other influence of filling up except gravity. So I stopped shovelling the banker and thought what the heck. This little hole got deeper and deeper, to the point I couldn't get the gold coming out of it, so I taxed a (SHORT) vacume line off the 4x4, and sucked it up, and im mean exactly that, spitting it all in the pan! Grit and clay..... but good flakes with every spit.ha. yep I nearly chucked a few times from sucking to hard ,but seeing gold in the pan keeps one sucking......... so yep, I got sucked in.

And the best part of the story was almost missed. I know exactly how you would have been feeling seeing the gold
(except for the mouth full of grit). Ken.

Yes, thought of that a few times. But this has adventages sometimes sticking it up hard spots under rocks for final clean ups. And you can blow and push material as well. And I always wanted some gold fillings in my teeth :cool:

8) Those scissors are a work of art, Archimedes himself would have been in awe had he seen em Mudgee ( I like how they got to the pivot point) :p

You can buy those from -
You are looking for forceps that will clamp when closed on an item, tweezers when getting a gentle grip

Some times sold at secondhand market places, rare now, but ...

Ebay - http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/Forceps/19327/bn_2210485/i.html

OR

Suppliers in your State -

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...uw0gSgpoXYBw#q=medical+suppliers+in+Australia

https://www.marnemedical.com.au/?s=forceps&lang=en

Most will sell to public and some do orders over the phone with a card.

I picked up a few sets years ago.

This works great on deep narrow crevices, once you have unjambed and removed larger river stones. And getting in awkward spots. Keep the length short betweem end of wand to 3way, this helps to make easy unblocking with a peice of wire or a quick whip on the the rock. The wand helps pin point direction.
Make the end hose at least 1500/2000mm long.
Simply suck the water and fine material untill you see it getting close to mouth. Quickly point end of wand into your pan. And blow all water out. Not all material is caught in bottle, so that part is important. If you get a small block, bite hose, put ur tongue on on the end of tube and squeeze the bottle. This gives you a bit better pressure to unblock. The hose and bottle perss fit neatly . So its an easy fix. Empty bottle when near full.
You will master it in no time. And you will probably see gold in your pan when blowing it out. Add clean water to crevice if needed. Gently flush out murky water. Got 1.5grms in 5hrs just with method.