XP How to program X Y Screen onto Fast Program

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone help me
How do you access the XY screen onto the Deus Fast program.
Have tried every thing that I can think of. Could be that I am a bit thick...
I am using the new 4.0 Deus

Go to Option > configuration > profile > graphic, then you can toggle between the horseshoe or XY screens. :)

Thanks Goldpi ck. That did trick, just what I wanted.
Next problem I have, I will look up the User Manual properly.
I used the XY yesterday on the Basic 1 program and found it to work realy well. I switched between Basic 1 and the XY screen and found that it helped to determine what did not need to be dug up.
Cheers mate...
Trev111

The refinement to the xy screen seems to be a top upgrade, after using the CTX with the target screen I have grown to love this detecting feature. Now to put the hours in on the Deus to learn how to apply it, being able to mount the RC on a wristband on left wrist is a big plus and should make the updated xy screen the go.

I still don't utilise it, had a brief run in the field with it and reverted back to the horseshoe for now. With the new expanded iron range, I found there are some funny things going on with the horseshoe ferrous/non-ferrous indicator. I was clearly getting audio grunts off some iron in the field, yet the screen indicated non-ferrous which was a bit strange. Bump the discrimination up to positive numbers and the horseshoe indication gradually turns into an iron target. I suspect this is a way to identify items like non-ferrous pottery in the negative iron range from regular iron targets - just a thought and pure speculation at this stage.

Clegy sent out the new HF coil yesterday, so will hopefully have it in my hands in the next few days. :)

I`m new to coin and relic detecting, non-ferrous pottery??? I don`t understand, Goldpick could you expand on that. I always reverted to the horseshoe screen as I probably didn`t use the old XY enough to understand it, but the new xy I`m hoping it will be as useful as Target trace on the CTX. Just love being able to separate the RC from the detector stem.

Has more relevance to ancient pottery/ceramics in Europe, most probably where they are made of soils/minerals that give off a signal on a detector - much like you get response from a common brick.

Latest posts