GPS and pin pointer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a Magellan Triton 2000 for sale with OSM Aus East and West plus NZ ans Aus + N America base maps etc. Complete (haven't mlost pointer) and functions well. Too many features to list, so google for details. Not a cheap unit so make an offer if you're interested.

How recent is this model and reason for sale Dihusky.
If junkdog passes I might make an offer.

Hey junkdog, do you really need a GPS or will your smart phone do? In Airplane mode, the phone will last possibly longer than a GPS and there's so many apps that will likely fill your needs (viz: Handy GPS, PDF Maps etc). Sorry if I've killed anyones sale, but let's face it - technology's converging around the smart phone. Just not pin-pointers as yet :eek:

Hello JUNKDOG
I would buy new pinpointer, but if your in NSW and have the Game Council Licence to hunt state forests then you need a gps so you can see the map of the area that your booked to be in , I took my gps last sunday to mogo, to mark the spots that I want to visit again , but it hid under my seat so I didnt use it, the battery life is woefull lucky to get 16 hours with 2 AA batteries, like BigWave says, technology is on the advance but I used the gps to plot the coordinates , maybe use the tracking feature so I can find my way back to the camp, my phone was useless at trunkey creek when my car battery died but perhaps that's a telstra coverage thing
both items have pluses and minuses, so I have both, one thing to watch with phones is battery life when using it , 3 days in idle mode but once in use that drops quickly, the gps you need to carry spare batteries, my suggestion, borrow one to see if it suits your needs I've got 4 of them, 3 garmin 5plus used condition from the USA and a magellen colour map that was fitted to a quad bike, left overs from my hunting accessories sale days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts