Thinking of getting a metal detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if the Minelab PRO-FIND 25 detector was any good. also, does anyone have any recommendations for a sluice box and classifier screens?

Emanuel Mcdonnell said:
I was wondering if the Minelab PRO-FIND 25 detector was any good. also, does anyone have any recommendations for a sluice box and classifier screens?
G'day and welcome. What kind of detecting were you looking at doing ? The Pro Find 25 is a pin pointer to locate a target after firstly finding it with a proper detector. You would be well advised to do some more research I think. Are you looking for coins and relics gold chains rings on beaches parks etc. or gold detecting out bush ? That would help in giving you some recommendations.

Hi Emanuel. welcome. If you are unsure of the detector it may be best to hire one (sort of suck it and see) to try it out. You need to be very clear as to what detecting you are going to do, then research your options.

Maybe drop into a metal detecting club to also help with your choices. There have been some horror stories of people buying very old detectors for large amounts of money. If your budget can handle it maybe new is an option. Had a guy out today and he purchased a very old 4500 and it did not work well, had a very hard life. Probably 5 years plus and he paid $3600 and no warranty and 4 very old coils. For the same money you can get new...

Cheers

Latest posts