Mxt pro intermittently not turning on

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all I purchased the mxt pro acouple weeks ago.it appears in very good condition and whilst I was out on weekend detecting I bumped the 12" 300 coil against a tree by mistake.it wasn't very hard but the screen went blank straight away.i turned it off checked everything and turned it back on but was still dead.walked back to the car rechecked everything again and it worked.
So I got it out tonight on way home from work to stop at a small park up the road and the bloody thing was dead again.checked everything again,still dead.
Went home checked it again dead turned it off and on again and it was working.
Please help have I stuffed the machine up?

Warranty ?

Sounds like a loose connection or bad connector/solder... Have seen more than a few in the Garrett At Pro units and the odd one in other machines...

Right well seeing as it is not New, Take the Battery Pack out and use a small ring spanner or a piece of plain wire made in to a loop and slip it over the metal contacts that the battery pack sits up against and pull them towards the opening but don't go Ape , Ok.

Too many people who own Whites machines have a bad habbit of dropping the battery pack in to the battery compartment and that over time bends the metal contacts in the control box, NEVER Drop it in, Slide it in Carefully. I have owned a lot of these machines and never had a problem,

Hope this helps,

John.

Finkle said:
So tried that tonight wouldnt come on.took battery pack out repeatedly checked connections.all i can get is a whine coming from the box but no lcd screen :N:

Not sure if others can assist.... OR in a better position to do so.

1: Contact the service Agents ?

2: I am willing to have a look see...... But your up for postage both ways... If a simple fix = All good. If any thing more, then it would be on your OK if $ were needed for parts.

However; All care taken, but no responsibility as to the outcome.

PM me if you wish to go this way... I am in Brisbane...

Finkle said:
So i put some new batteries in and it turned straight on like new????? Would batteries almost flat cause the earlier problem? Guess il take it for a swing and see what happens

If they have less than 8 to 9 Volts in them then YES, Lol.

Don't worry we have all done that one.

John.

PS, if you ever find that you get down to 10 volts that's fine but below 9 is pushing it.

Just one thing to remember if you use Duracells you will get over 60 hours out to them, So I change mine out at around 55/57 hours, But if you want to Double those times get your self some Energizer Ultra Lithium batteries, Personally I use Duracells over the standard Energizers because Duracells work better and the power Drain is slower, where as Energizers put out full power for a long while then they go flat very fast after that, And because the MXT is voltage controlled the Energizers give false info to the Volt meter on Detectors.

hope this helps.

John.

Latest posts