Sluicing help

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20xwater said:
why would someone go to this much trouble if it wasn't efficient..

I reckon whoever built that polishes chrome on their engine at the summer nats :D There's some quality work going around :Y:
Jon

1491399647_dscf3260.jpg
1491399603_dscf3259_800x600_800x600_800x600.jpg

I made this and took it to the Palmer onto a mates lease and pulled 40grams in a week, I needed a rest afterwards though because feeding these on you own is hard work, I modified the spray bar to a semi external one as the original was in the road when shovelling gravel in the box.

:8 ...rather than going to the trouble of removing the riffles, why not just place a second layer of matting down and build up instead of tear down?

(i guess there's a reason, i'm just not aware....and not a sluicer)...

I only mention it as it hasn't been canvassed. 8)

Tathradj said:
The restrictions I is talking about are in the spray bar inlet.
The hose screw on fitting including the barb.
The taps have a smaller bore through the internal ball valve.
Sorry if I screwed up on who's banker is who. :8

20xwater said:
Tathradj said:
Actually, The riffles you see are not riffles. :N:
You also have a heck of a lot of restrictions in your water inlet
side of things.
The banker you have is mainly for the expanded mesh.
I would work on deleting the first and second riffle leaving the last one
in place.
I think you have too much water and too much angle.
I would highly recommend you go the Dream mat path as to a newbie,
That banker the way it is will take you a while to get it right.

the restriction your talking about actualy became a boiler section like
the bottom of a waterfall with that first angle. caught more gold there
than in the sluice with or without riffles.

lol and all good old friend, we all have our opinions. sluice config really comes down
to how much flower gold you don't want to blow lol.
I'm reckon this riffle rack we are talkin about would recover coarse gold maybe lol

without going in to the physics of efficiency I couldn't find a way to make that
riffle rack work. other than that the banker is good. :cool:

blisters said:
20xwater said:
why would someone go to this much trouble if it wasn't efficient..

I reckon whoever built that polishes chrome on their engine at the summer nats :D There's some quality work going around :Y:
Jon
lol but seriously, your looking at just another result of me trying to deal with anxiety without medication.

NJH I found this info on the site which answers some of your questions and he has a youtube clip showing how to run it. Doesn't look too different to how you're running it now and the video is also taken at Oallen. Keep in mind at Oallen there is a large percentage of undersize per shovel so it will swamp some riffles if dumped in depending on how the sluice operates. If the other riffles are not packed and all riffles clear themselves then it is working. I wouldn't be disheartened with it as there is more than one sluice design around and they all work differently. I'd get it running the best you can then see if you are losing a significant amount out the back - all sluices will lose some. I have next week off work so can come down for a day (or some other weekend) I wouldn't mind having a look at it :Y:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjBir5sTC3M

The Pro Sluice.

1. How much water flow is required: Up to 8000 LT P/H, How ever will run on much lower volume.

2. What angle should the bottom box be run at 15 degrees.

3. The water connections will take 40 mm or 50 mm.

4. How much material can it process: Up to a 20 LT bucket per minute depending on the type of material.

5. What is the size: Bottom box 1 meter long, 300 mm wide at the top tapering out to 340 mm at the bottom , Sides average 100 mm.

The top box is: 600 mm long, 300 mm wide, 100 mm high.

Jon

Thanks for that blisters I have run it a bit in the last couple of weeks loosing a little bit but not much I would be great for someone else to have a look over it

No worries I won't be able to this weekend will need to chat with the missus. How much are you losing compared to what you are getting?
Jon