That's not a Knife

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone ever had a tip break on a Schrade?

I got a #7 when i was 18 (b'day present to myself) and some years later managed to break the tip.

Will cost me a bomb in postage to return for replacement blade so i never bothered.

GGA

Will do, will have the camera out tomorrow for job pics so will post later in the day...it's broken about 3-4mm off the tip and the 'break' edge is about 2-3mm long...

Why do you ask? (do you know somewhere here that warrants them?)

Knifes? How cute :lol:
1490267513_image.jpg

1944 WWII AUS issue

Bear grills survival with the serrated back, kept very sharp for leech removal which is it's most frequent use. My better knives stay in the car/camper to be used for specific jobs.
I used to spend hours getting a good edge but now use a paper wheel and jewelers compound on the grinder for a razor sharp edge in minutes. It has replaced all the fancy waterstones etc, worth looking into (I was skeptical too). On the knife making forums, there are DIY MDF wheels.

Gypsy i have a Puma that i bought off Ebay with a F ed up tip. I just filed a new one on it. Turned it into a double edge spear point :) . File's come in different grades Bastard cut, 2nd cut, smooth, & dead smooth. Just turn it, into a fun afternoon project.

Gday peter650...i had considered it, i'm just too much of a stickler for original parts. Guess i can take it to the local blade guy and shorten the blade for the benefit of a new tip...fft at least.

Cheers

Latest posts