That's not a Knife

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Leatherman tools. I got one when I was in the S.E.S. as standard equipment around 1992 ?? anyway many years later I was using it at a job and my boss borrowed it. I left work and remembered that my boss hadn't given it back so I went back and asked him for it back, he said I put it on top of your 4x4...mmmm so I carefully went back looking for it, I found it but a truck or something had run over it and broken the long blade, so I tried to weld it up with a MIG welder, it didn't last long before it broke. So remembering that Leatherman offer a lifetime guarantee I contacted them and said that it was S.E.S. issue and that I didn't have a receipt for it.
The asked me to return it, so I did to their address thinking I would never see it again. I was right! Leatherman sent me a brand new one free of any charges ! :Y:
Now that's service.

Hard Luck said:
If anyone can recommend how to sharpen the serrated half end of this knife I would really appreciate it.

Early in this thread i posted a pic of my broken tip Schrade and asked about getting it fixed. In the end, i found a local guy that does blade sharpening who charges about $7.50 to sharpen a blade. I also asked him about jagged tooth blades as i have a Leatherman that could use a new face and he said same ol same ol...

Cheers

1496394577_100_64341.jpg

1496396886_img_0926.jpg
1496396927_img_0924.jpg
1496396963_img_0925.jpg

Iv had this knife for over 10 years I have never cut anything or sharpened it and it's never been in its sheath..I pull it out every few years to have a look at it ..it's been quite a few years so thought now would be a good time to pull it out for a few minutes :cool:

Thanks..I would never sell it Iv had a look online and there's a lot of fake ones for sale but haven't found an arthritic one yet ..cheers

Mickybees said:
Thanks..I would never sell it Iv had a look online and there's a lot of fake ones for sale but haven't found an arthritic one yet ..cheers

I have the same knife and I have owned it for over 25 years and like yours only comes out every now and then

roy cobb said:
Mickybees said:

I have the same knife and I have owned it for over 25 years and like yours only comes out every now and then
That's great ..I have a passion for knives .I had the original first blood knife (Rambo 1) with the survival gear in the handle when I was a teen and Silly me swapped it of another knife which fell apart after a little while. I still regret swapping that knife

Latest posts