My Gems found close to Perth W.A

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,
When you ask most experts in Perth where to find gems within 300klm of Perth they will all tell you zilch or they will say there are none to be found. Its the one thing i find that sux about living here. No fossicking areas and everyone is so secrative.
So after alot of research i have been finding things close to home each weekend.
Unfortunatly each os the places i have been going to are on private property which i have the permission.
This location below has some of the clearest Quartz terminated points with some very nice inclusions. They are all pretty small
Untitled by Marc Russo, on Flickr
That moment you see this while digging for gemstones by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Hi Ray, No fossicking zones anywhere that i know of within 500klm at least. This is private property so it all good but still have to obey all rules of the miners right :)

Thanks mate, only found a couple rutilated and out of the hundreds of crystals i have found i have only found 2 double terminated

Well i have put all the quartz and smokey quartz in the tumbler for a week. Just re-put it all back in for 2 more days of the 80 grit just to finish it off. Very happy so far and loving how good the real dark smokey is coming out
13yh4x2.jpg

2mzy1hj.jpg

awar6a.jpg

Kudos to the man who didn't listen to other's and went his own way.... :Y:

Your success is well deserved, private property or not....many could have...., but many less..... DO. ;)

Gypsy

Latest posts