Detector mods interference box / filter

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Ebay: 251610901395

Interesting unit.. might be worth a go for my older machines...

Seen similar things before & reports are they make no difference. Could be wrong though but don't see how a little black box could discriminate out/filter radio interference while knowing to not filter but improve the rx signal for better gold detection?

mbasko said:
Seen similar things before & reports are they make no difference. Could be wrong though but don't see how a little black box could discriminate out/filter radio interference while knowing to not filter but improve the rx signal for better gold detection?

2 plugs, black box, and maybe some wires wrapped around a couple toroids? lol it would reduce RF..

Then again, I've seen some of Woody's work.. Its pretty good. If it does what it says, might be worth the bucks for some..

I like some of Woody's gear, I have his batteries for my 2200 and love them BUT.
I think these may belong on the shelf with;
1407467420_post-133526-0-35781300-1400145836.jpg

mbasko said:
Might be - who's going to be the guinea pig? :lol:

Not I.. I'll put up with the noise..

Redfin, I picked up a set of his batteries + booster used, they work great. he does good work.

Well I guess we spend $400+ on unwanted coils so what's $180 on a noise suppressor? If it works it's cheep! in my eyes imagine the 5000, 8" coil no back ground noise @ full gain WOW! If someone's in franks I'm sure woody would show you in the city how good it works.

Try aluminium foil first, it's cheaper again and will also function as an effective faraday shield.

these filters work! i use the dd one for my sd2000 i was able to detect the forest just near my house where i could not before. even picked up a bullet at 45cm. it may not work for ever coil but surer works a treat on the 18"dd

Post #20 is too far. Scroll down to post #14 . Yes the interference filter works for me but you may want to double check you receive the correct one. Ordered my filter for my gpx4500 and DD coils on ebay and they sent me a mono filter. Golddigg had the same issue I believe receiving a DD filter instead of mono. They're not labelled so you have no idea you received the worng filter except that it won't make a difference to EMI. For a good while I'd assumed it was a gimmick but after trying my filter with my 15x12 mono coil at jupiter creek recently I found it did help with interference to some degree. The portion of diggings closest to the road are almost undetectable with a mono due to EMI. The filter made it possible to detect here though there was still a persistent warble. Brought the noise level down enough to match the DD coils I normally run here.

Thanks for the reply's, read the post about the filter on dd instead of mono etc and have seen the video from detectormods, the point is this $180 "is this well spent money"
I am after better ease of use and performance on the 5000

The filter means you can detect in areas which have previously been undetectable... thats it... pure and simple. Comes off easily if you dont want it on. If it meams you can detect where others could not whats the competitive edge worth to you? :) $180 isnt much for an additional feature on a detector ive soent thousands on.

While out at Dunolly last weekend there was a shite load of lightning and thunder on both Fri & Sat evenings.
This resulted in SDC/GPX/GPZ users calling it quits because of the signal spikes that were affecting all the detectors ...... except one!!!!
This bloke had type of "shield" fitted to the control box and experienced zero spiking .... sort of like a Faraday Cage for detectors???
Anyone heard of or used these themselves, believe they're an ebay item ranging from around $45 - $80
Cheers Tom

Put a HD Anti Static bag over the control box and see what happens ?

Could work well and cheep.

Also a clip on ferrite core on any cables; as they act like big aerials.

Latest posts