Unusual Rock

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1490074009_tuena_trip_march_2017_009.jpg

1490074010_tuena_trip_march_2017_008.jpg
Hi Everyone,
Could anyone tell me what type of rock i have shovelled into my highbanker at Tuena recently please.
Cheers in advance, Dolphin.

Jaros said:
Very hard to tell from the pic. Way out of focus.
Sorry Jaros, only have a mobile phone for taking pics, i'll have to get something better mate.

Take it a little further away and it might be able to focus better. Doesnt have to be right up close to be able to tell what it is ;)

Interesting

a moldy omelet?
take another photo from a little bit back to get a clearer shot

after bringing it up on the laptop, AND THIS IS ONLY A GUESS. coz of the blury photo, maybe bolder opal

As others said, just back up 1' and refocus...then hold your hand steady...(i know, it's excitement of what it may be lol) ;)

1490090823_interesting_specimen_001.jpg
See if this is clearer, otherwise i'll do one in sunlight tommorow so you can see all the blue in it.

Looks like Chrysoprase in some type of carbonate type rock with a bit of ironstone included. Not really too sure though. I'm probably 100% wrong. :)

Heatho said:
Looks like Chrysoprase in some type of carbonate type rock with a bit of ironstone included. Not really too sure though. I'm probably 100% wrong. :)
Yes thx Heatho, after studying i've also come to the conclusion that it's Chrysoprase or Australian Jade is what some jewelers call it, very good.

Latest posts